At Streamline Surgical we take your privacy seriously! All information collected by Streamline Clinics Limited will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Any information you have given to Streamline Surgical will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways you have not consented to, unless we are required to do so by law, or at the discretion of your clinical team, in cases of emergency where we believe it to be in the best interest of your health. Please read the following for a more detailed explanation about how we safeguard your personal data.
How we use your information
- To provide our products and services
- To process your request for clinical treatment and/or engagement
- To make your clinical records available to Streamline Surgical staff who may be offering you medical advice
- To provide our partnered treatment hospitals with the necessary relevant clinical information for your surgery, any investigative tests and in-patient care.
- To personalise the website for you
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To improve or modify our services
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards. Such information to be provided in an anonymised format
We ask for personal data only when is needed to provide services you have enquired about or asked us to provide or to respond to your requests for information. You do not need to provide us with any personal data simply to browse our site.
Why we need to collect and store personal data?
We need to collect personal data in order for us to provide you with a service, to answer enquires about our services and to maintain our records. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Streamline Surgical will ask you for this consent. You will be sent an email to confirm your contact details and whether or not we can contact you for the purposes of internal marketing only. If you select not to be contacted for this purpose we will not do so.
What sort of data do we collect?
We need certain details in order to process your request for treatment. This information includes:
- Your name
- Your age, date of birth and sex
- Your postal address
- Your phone and email details
- Any medical details that you have chosen to declare
- Clinical details, test and investigative results and any other information gathered in the course of providing you with our services
- Information about complaints and incidents
- Financial information in relation to your treatment or care
- Blogs, photographs, messages, hobbies and interests and other personal details you elect to post on our Forum
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our patients. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. All your data is stored securely on servers that are encrypted and are located within the EEA and we do not transfer your data outside of the EEA.
Any third-party IT service provider, such as those providing us with secure servers on which our data is held, will be subject to the GDPR requirements and will have signed a Confidentiality Agreement with Streamline Surgical to ensure your data is processed securely by them. We do not form agreements with any third party who is not subject to comply with GDPR.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
You will have been asked to confirm if you are happy for us to send clinical letters to your GP or other relevant healthcare professional, where you have consented to this, copies of these clinical letters will also be sent to you.
You have the right to request full copies of the clinical records we hold on you at any time. Should you wish to obtain copies of your clinical records you must do so within the timeframe set out above.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Streamline Clinics Limited in the course of providing you an excellent service. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to assist in fulfilling an agreed service. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with their regulated bodies or as set out under the GDPR.
We cannot share your data with anyone residing outside of the EEA or EEA approved countries. Should you require your personal data to be passed outside of this area, we will send you the information requested, to pass on should you wish.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
How to request a copy of the information we hold about you?
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Streamline Clinics Limited holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Streamline Surgical, The Sudbury Clinic, Clementine Churchill Hospital, Sudbury Hill, Harrow, HA1 3GW, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Checking your identity
What should I do if I’m not happy about how my data is being used?
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by us, you have the right to complain to Streamline Surgical’s General Manager, Úna Teirnan, who can be contacted on the following details:
General Manager, The Sudbury Clinic, Clementine Churchill Hospital, Sudbury Hill, Harrow, HA1 3GW
Email : email@example.com
If you do not get a response within 30 days you have the right to contact ICO, on the following details:
ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
We automatically track and collect usage data, such as the source address that the page request is coming from, i.e. your IP address, domain name, data and time of the page request, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the pages you visit and the referring website (if any). Our website logs do not identify individuals. We use this data to better understand website usage so we can understand what areas of the site users prefer.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an antivirus programme on all material downloads from the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction to your data or your computer system that may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
We do not operate on anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Services unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.