Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Yipee im back ;)

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป Yipee im back ;)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Yipee I’m back, I havnt been able to sign in on my phone cos I’ve forgotten my password nd i dont know how to retreive it lol and then I realised my tablet automatically signs me in…..

Treeza you are doing amazing hun I have been reading your threads you must be so pleased with yourself getting into your trousers and even some falling off you!!! What an amazing feeling and you are getting closer to feeling comfortable in your own skin, keep up the good work ;).

It will be 8 weeks this coming Saturday that I had my band fitted and things are going really well so far!

Had my first fill on the 31st Oct so that will be 2 weeks tomorrow they put 3 1/2 ml in it, my band is only a 10 ml band anyway so nearly half full and my next fill is 26th ov this month, have felt a slight restriction but nothing major so will be happy with the next fill.

My weight loss so far is 1 stone 11lb I did loose another 2lb but have put it back on :(….. don’t know how I managed that but could have been cos the tide has been out (pmt)……although I was upset with the 2lb weight gain I have reasoned with myself and give myself a good talking to and am trying not to be so hard on myself!!!!

I wore my denim skirt yesterday and a jumper n my wooly tights was so nice t wear something normal rather than bloody leggings and a baggy top.

The dietician had advised to stop eating soup for lunch and to go onto maybe a chicken wrap or tuna wrap, after looking at the calories in just a plain wrap (160 calories) surely this can’t be right???? I eat lunch on the go so drinking soup out of my flask while driving suited me down to the ground but have done as Im told (my hubby said that’s a first) so maybe this could have contributed to my weight gain??…..

So all in all things are good

LISA XXX

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa!

Glad to have you back my lovely.

You are doing fabulously well. Don’t ever forget that it is a slower process with a band.

Maybe your dietitian thinks that soup can be a ‘slider’ food for bandsters? Soup can be hellishly bad for us and full of fat, sugar and salt. I still can’t even begin to consider Heinz Cream of tomato!! Also, the act of chewing slows you down. There was a reply from our Dietitian, Nicole, on here the other day regarding calories. Basically don’t bother counting them and just concentrate on good, healthy nutritious food instead. I must say that I have never counted calories.

Wearing clothes you like rather than what fits and is comfortable is one of the best feelings in the world isn’t it? As i sit here typing, I am wearing a form fitting forest green midi dress! Yes I have a few little lumps and bumps (damn you loose skin) but I love it! I have the same dress in a nice wine colour too. I bought them because I like the colours – not because they fitted. It is still a magical feeling to order something online then know it will fit when it gets here.

It’s good to have you back and in such a positive place mentally. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Don’t ever worry about a little fluctuation – us girls will have that for the rest of our reproductive lives unfortunately!

Doodah x

treeza

Welcome back Hun x

thank you very much. I still have a long way to go but delighted with my progress so far :0) you’re doing great, well done x keep up the good work! Xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Treeza is that a new profile pic? You look FAB U LOUS darling as Craig Revel-Haword would say lol!

treeza

Yes! That was pre Jessie J concert! I still can’t post pics on here so thought I’d change my profile pic :0)x thanks for noticing Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Looking good my lovely!!!

Send any pics you want on here to me and I will do it for you. Simply email them to me at:

sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com

I can do them as side by side before/after if you’d like? Will probably be tomorrow now as I am heading off to Harrow soon for work and to see the wonderful Stacey Brova.

I told you I was a Mother Hen haha!

Doodah x

Pauline

Hi Lisa, I agree with the dietician ! I buy those new warburtons 50/50 square wraps ,not the large square ones, one of these is my beakfast/lunch if i am working.
    I roll it up and cut into 4 circles…very tasty and fulfilling…lasts me til dinner, they are 141 calories each plus the calories in the filling of course, my fav filling is chicken slices, stuffing and spring onion mixed with some low fat mayo, or tuna, mayo and cucumber, roast beef and gherkin, i have fish and veg for dinner mostly, works out to about 800 cals/day.
    I have a band too, started my fills in feb this year, nearly at my 5 stone loss so far, very happy with it, DO MISS going out for meals though, now can only manage a starter, but the benefits out weigh..
    good luck with yours
    Pauline x

Hi all thanks for you positive feed back!!….I have to say I love reading all the ups and downs on here, its so reasurring when I have a bit of a wobble…..mostly a mental wobble!!……….

I would assume ur right doodah on soup been slider food that’s what the dietician said if I remember rightly!!

I was once a size 24 about 10 years ago then I went down to a size 8 about 7 years ago but seriously looking back think that I was bordering anorexia because the feelings I had at the time where strange!!! Although I was a size 8 I didn’t see that when I looked in the mirror!! And last year I put 3 stone on taking me up to a tight size 18 hence why I choose to fund the gastric band because I didn’t want to go back up to a size 24!!!!!
    I have come to the conclusion I hate food because my life just seems to revolve around it!!
    Although I know I’m not as big as some people and don’t suffer any real core mobidites been over weight makes me feel unworthy!!

Pauline you have done marvelous hun…..I hope and pray that I am saying the same in 10 months time ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am having special k for breakfast, a wrap for lunch with either chicken an light mayo with cucumber and lettuce, or tuna mayo, and for tea I’m having meat and veg served on a small plate, with gravy but no Yorkshire puds!!, although tonight I have had gammon, beans, 6 chips and a fried egg( chips where done in an actifry with 1 cal spray and the egg was done in spray)… and occasionally have a bag of monster munch ;)………and am still tortured mentally that I’m eating as I should be???

I feel like a right moaning sod tonight but I think its the 2lb weight gain that is torturing me lol…….

Lisa xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@flutterbylilly 29925 wrote:

Hi all thanks for you positive feed back!!….I have to say I love reading all the ups and downs on here, its so reasurring when I have a bit of a wobble…..mostly a mental wobble!!……….

I would assume ur right doodah on soup been slider food that’s what the dietician said if I remember rightly!!

I was once a size 24 about 10 years ago then I went down to a size 8 about 7 years ago but seriously looking back think that I was bordering anorexia because the feelings I had at the time where strange!!! Although I was a size 8 I didn’t see that when I looked in the mirror!! And last year I put 3 stone on taking me up to a tight size 18 hence why I choose to fund the gastric band because I didn’t want to go back up to a size 24!!!!!
    I have come to the conclusion I hate food because my life just seems to revolve around it!!
    Although I know I’m not as big as some people and don’t suffer any real core mobidites been over weight makes me feel unworthy!!

Pauline you have done marvelous hun…..I hope and pray that I am saying the same in 10 months time ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am having special k for breakfast, a wrap for lunch with either chicken an light mayo with cucumber and lettuce, or tuna mayo, and for tea I’m having meat and veg served on a small plate, with gravy but no Yorkshire puds!!, although tonight I have had gammon, beans, 6 chips and a fried egg( chips where done in an actifry with 1 cal spray and the egg was done in spray)… and occasionally have a bag of monster munch ;)………and am still tortured mentally that I’m eating as I should be???

I feel like a right moaning sod tonight but I think its the 2lb weight gain that is torturing me lol…….

Lisa xxx

Lisa my lovely, this is the place to come and have a good old moan! No one is going to judge anything you say or do.

Is there any way you could attend a support group? They are a huge source of comfort, help and tips on how to cope when things don’t go according to plan. I attended the Harrow one last night and came away feeling that no matter how bad my life gets, I will always have people that are totally on my ‘side’.

We are only ‘failures’ if we stop trying – and even then it’s only in our heads!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

streamline-surgical.com/forum/streamline-surgical-support-groups/2823-support-group-contact-details-2012

Please find this list of support groups by clicking on the above link ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by clare.williams.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media