Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

xxladykxx’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    xxladykxx

Hi everyone,

I am just about to leave for the hospital as I am having my band fitted today!!!!! woop woop.
    A little nervous but that’s only natural!
    I’ll be back online as soon as i’m home to let u all no how it went.
    Wish me luck!!!

xxx

Rachmz

You don’t need luck you will be fine, they are all amazing!! Wishing you a speedy and painfree recovery!! Xx

Lorraine

Look forward to seeing how it went when you get back.
    All the best!
    Lorraine

Anonymous

ahhhhhhh GOOOOOOOODDDD LLLLUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!! u wont need it but here it is:) Hope all goes really well and look forward to welcoming you to the LOSERS bench!

karenb

Good luck Honey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

xxladykxx

Hi All

Had my band fitted yesterday finally! just got home about an hour ago and I am very sore!!! but at least all over now and I can start loosing!!!
    THank you everyone for your support

Rachmz

Welcome to the banded bunch, Its worth being a little bit sore!!! If you need anything just pm me xxx

Anonymous

WELCOME to the best bench ever!! The LOSERS Bench:)

xxladykxx

I had my gastric band fitted Tuesday and I feel physically and emotionally crap.
    I am still in a lot of pain (especially my shoulder) I can’t eat but i’m sturving and can’t seem to stay awake more than a couple of hours at a time.
    I thought i’d feel great after I had it done as I was so looking forward to having it done, but if truth be told i’m thinking have I gone too far is this all worth it!

Can anyone out there offer me some positive advice or has anyone felt like I have?

petal

I havent had a band, but just wanted to offer you kind words. I am sure that someone who has had a band will come forward soon to offer you some words of wisdom. There is a support group held at Goring Hall Hospital in Worthing on the last Wednesday of every month at 7.30pm and several members have had bands. You would be very welcome to come along.
    xx

oh honeypie
    Hang in there-its still very early days
    remember whether you choose nand or bypass
    you can NEVER eat the same again
    and sometimes we get sad
    i know i STILL have times when I actually ”MOURN” the loss of foos in my life now
    As my relationship with food was the most important relationship I had in my life
    also you have just been through major surgery and anethestic
    and thats leaves you reeling for a while
    just take it easy
    NO BARIATRIC SURGERY IS THE EASY WAY OUT
    AS ITS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
    …and sometimes maybe people pre op dont fully understand this
    We are always here for you
    try to rest and sleep and slowly you’ll build up your strength and feel better soon
    godbless you xxx

This is so hard to explain to anyone pre op.
    As you are ding for it all to begin and start losing loads of weight.
    But remember pre op -our relationship with food is often the most important relationship that we have ever had.
    We turned to food to self soothe us
    to comfort us
    to de -stress us
    EVEN to love us
    FOOD was always there
    BANG-LONG COMES BAND OR BYPASS SURGERY
    We can no longer eat(at first anyway)
    But oh my god we still feel hungery
    NOW WHAT DO WE DO?
    WHO /WHAT/WHERE do we turn to
    when food was ALWAYS there for us
    how do we cope when it’s no longer available(through our surgeries) to us?
    THIS IS THE EMOTIONAL weight loss journey
    and where it gets difficult and we feel sad and down and dare i say it lonely
    which speaking for myself -that’s exactly WHY i turned to food in the first place.
    I overate to STOP THE PAIN OF THINKING
    post sugery we are unable to eat ut may feel hungry and doesn’t really matter whether its real phsical hunger or emotional ”head” hunger
    either way we feel sad.
    Please post here what YOU DO TO COPE
    to try to help our newbies
    all the very best
    xxxxx
    P.S Can you now see why my username is
    STILL tryingsohard lol!!

feltig
    Participant

Trust me xxladykxx this will pass. I had my band done about 4 weeks ago and i only started to feel myself in week 3. The shoulder pain for me was really bad too but i dont get it now and i was hungry aswell. I cried at the beginning and wondered what the hell had i done to myself but my mum said that the anaesthetic does that to you and it takes a few days to wear off…she was right! I was quite tired too up until 10 days post op. They dont really tell you at the hospital how to deal with the hunger very well so i phoned my bariatric nurse and she advised to eat little but often a or go on the milk diet for a while but i was in week 3 by then. Best to phone yours and see what she advises as its still so early for you. You will be fine dont worry. xx

Anonymous

lady sweetheart,
    Your be so pumped of chemicals tight now its no wonder your feeling the way you do.
    The anestetic and everything stays in your system for quite a while and sleepy now is your way of recovering.
    The adventure is early days, your body is in turmoil but it will recover and YOU huney will venture on to a wonderful future.

It seems stange to eat so little and does not make sense, right now you need to stay hydrated and potter enough to get those pains and aches sorted. Your recovering from major surgery…. Although it might not look like it….

Keep the faith, give it some time and reap the rewards soon.

I do hope you feel better soon, we all doubt ourselves and the operation early days.

All the best…chin up..

Dont you worry none, take it easy give yourself a chance…

Buzz x

Kazzie
    Participant

Hi, I also had a band fitted about 4.5 weks ago and I felt exactly the same as you! I was crying and thinking what have I done to myself (felt like more self harm). It is such a huge undertaking-you will be OK xxxxxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media