Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Xray

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    midge

Well I’m off to Worcester today to have my band looked at under X-ray iv had it for 8years and want to make sure everything is where it should be and I’m hoping I need a fill,……after all these years iv learnt how to (for want of a better word) abuse it….not good not clever hoping after today it will be a fresh start and I can lose the 3 stone iv put on ….so off I go into the cold morning air wish me luck
    Midge x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Good luck Midge. Hope it all goes to plan. Let us know how you get on as it will be invaluable to everyone on here.

Doodah x

midge

Thank goodness…..went to Worcester to have my band x rayed and all is ok nothing is out of place and there is no pouching, I just have to make a fresh start to remove the 3 stone I have put on so iv taken myself off to a corner given myself a small slap and gave myself a good talking to I must no longer abuse my band with foods I can eat but know I shouldn’t , I paid a lot of money 8years ago to have the band then more for a tummy tuck where they removed 3 kilos of excess skin so to allow myself to put on is ridiculous but I have been fat all my life and know I’m only human and we all get blips i’n life but onwards and upwards or should I say downwards. I’m going to try not to weigh myself I think that adds pressure I’m just going to go by how I feel and how my clothes are
    Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend
    Midge xx

hides

Hello midge
    I read your post the other week, i had a band 4 months ago. Really sorry to hear you had gained some of the weight you had lost, however i’m SO happy to here there isn’t a problem with the band it’s self….. But like you said , we are all human, and off days do happen.

You write that you have also had a small tummy tuck, could i ask how much ? And at what stage did you have this done ? I know i’m still in the early stages, and i’m just about to hit the 3 stone mark, but my tummy and apron area dont seem to be shrinking…….. (hope that makes sense). Losing it from my thighs, bottom, hips …. I paid private for my band, and i know it will be the same for tummy tuck, i just wondered is here a time issue before surgery can be done ?

Did you do lots of exercise ?

Best wishes
    Heidi.

luckyflower

Well done for getting back on track. Do you attend a support group you may find that will help you with motivation.
    All the best in the continuation of your journey.

midge

Hi all I think I paid about £4000 to have my tummy tuck done and I had it done 2 years after the band, all together including before the band I lost 11 stone ….I have to say it was the best thing I had ever done besides the band, my apron used to slap on my knees err gross …thankfully even tho I have gained 3 stones back it hasn’t affected my tummy but the extra weight is now above my tummy button and I look like a barrel lol so that’s why it’s got to come off, I don’t attend any groups I live i’n Swindon and as far as I know there are none nearby, also years ago you didn’t have counceling they just took your money,things seem so much better now although don’t get me wrong I only blame myself , I had food issues as a child and I don’t think they ever completely go away but at 51 it’s about time I wised up. I am quite surprised i’n myself I’m trying to pretend I’m back at the beginning of my journey and it seems to be working and I feel very positive …. I need to start doing exercise I own a nail salon and I’m sitting down all day every day but I’m going to start making some time each day to at least do some walking
    Keep on going guys thanks for your replies Its not usual for me to go on any forum but your all really friendly and I’m enjoying being on here
    Midge xx

hides

Thanks midge for the info. Think my tummy tuck might be a year away…… If it doesn’t shrink by then…. Lol.
    Funny to read you live in swindon, i lived there or 10 years, moved down to taunton about 11 years ago, but all my family still back in swindon. Was only there last weekend. Maybe i’ll treat myself to a nail treatment next time i’m up there, and we can chat…

Good luck with the next chapter of your journey, staying focused can be hard at times. But you can do it.
    Best wishes
    Heidi. X

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Midge.

I’m so proud of you. You have identified the problem, sought the solution and are going forward with it. That takes COURAGE. Good for you. You are a fighter. I’m most proud of the fact that you haven’t tried to make any excuses about how the weight went back on. With honesty like that, you are bound to succeed. YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Doodah xx

midge

Aahh thank you so much what a lovely lot you are, walked 2 miles today took an hour so I’m pleased iv done it my hubby came with me he has always been a great supporter and good company,….. and I’m still pretending iv just had my band done strange as it seems it’s working perhaps I’m hypnotising myself lol I do have a reputation for being mad I think perhaps this proves it
    Midge xxxx

midge
    hides wrote:
    Thanks midge for the info. Think my tummy tuck might be a year away…… If it doesn’t shrink by then…. Lol.
    Funny to read you live in swindon, i lived there or 10 years, moved down to taunton about 11 years ago, but all my family still back in swindon. Was only there last weekend. Maybe i’ll treat myself to a nail treatment next time i’m up there, and we can chat…

Good luck with the next chapter of your journey, staying focused can be hard at times. But you can do it.
    Best wishes
    Heidi. X

You are welcome I’m i’n wroughton just outside Swindon when your next down let me know maybe we could meet for a coffee
    Midge xx

hazelann70

I can totally relate to what you say about gaining weight after having the apron off. When I gained 5 stone I found all the fat collected into my chest area as there were no fat cells for it to go in as they had been cut off. This used to cause me no end of problems when doing simple things like bending down. It would feel like the fat was pushing into my lungs. I also found that when I walked any distance (more than about 10 mins), I would get a stabbing pain in my lower ribs which again was down to the fat being where it shouldn’t be. They don’t warn you about that do they!!! All these symptoms have gone since my bypass and so my theory was right. I looked like a duck after I’d gained. Chest stuck out, arse stuck out and so all I needed to do was go quack!

midge

How right you are hazelann but hopefully I can get it off my problem is I sit down at my job all day and on top of that I’m lazy ………but am trying really hard now got a big wedding i’n may I’d like to be able to buy something from monsoon I love their stuff but as I’m a size 22 I need to drop a couple of dress sizes, need to think about going down the sit up route methinks
    Midge xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@hazelann70 21691 wrote:

I can totally relate to what you say about gaining weight after having the apron off. When I gained 5 stone I found all the fat collected into my chest area as there were no fat cells for it to go in as they had been cut off. This used to cause me no end of problems when doing simple things like bending down. It would feel like the fat was pushing into my lungs. I also found that when I walked any distance (more than about 10 mins), I would get a stabbing pain in my lower ribs which again was down to the fat being where it shouldn’t be. They don’t warn you about that do they!!! All these symptoms have gone since my bypass and so my theory was right. I looked like a duck after I’d gained. Chest stuck out, arse stuck out and so all I needed to do was go quack!

Hahahahaha!!! You are so funny Hazel x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@midge 21694 wrote:

How right you are hazelann but hopefully I can get it off my problem is I sit down at my job all day and on top of that I’m lazy ………but am trying really hard now got a big wedding i’n may I’d like to be able to buy something from monsoon I love their stuff but as I’m a size 22 I need to drop a couple of dress sizes, need to think about going down the sit up route methinks
    Midge xx

I remember the first time I bought something from monsoon. It was only a cardie but I felt like a million dollars in it. I had come from a size 34 to an 18. I will remember that feeling for the rest of my life. I’m now a size 12 (14 on some tops as I have MASSIVE bingo wings!) but the euphoria of buying that monsoon cardie will be the thing I’ll never forget.

Doodah x

midge

I can imagine, before I put on the excess 3stone I couldn’t afford to buy i’n there now I can I don’t fit i’n their stuff, so for the mo I just pop i’n every now and then and secretly caress their stuff lol wot a nutter one day soon tho il make a purchase even if I have to make a display of it at home on the wall ha ha
    Midge xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media