Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Xray for leak

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    johncg

I all I had the band check for the leak today at Churchill clementine. Dr chait also visited to watch because it’s a rare thing he wanted to see for himself. The fluid was injected in and I had to drink the white. Stuff which taste good…. 8mls was injected in but no leak could be found. My last fill dr chait put in two mils which took it to a total of eight mils and today I was showing only 3.5 mils so where is it going.???? I was left with 5 mils and need to see dr chait in a couple of weeks. He is going to talk to guy slater… So on one hand no leak was visible but where is it going ?? I’m staying very very positive and working harder than before to keep and get the weight off.

Love John xxx

Nettie

Hi John,
    Sorry to hear that you are having problems, I had the fluid assessed in my band last time I was there, I had lost 1ml but my bariatric nurse said it is quite normal to lose a small amount. Was it just a routine check that highlighted this problem or were you having problems with getting restriction?
    Nettie xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI John

I was just thinking of you and up you popped…. If there’s no leak there must surely be a fault with the band, lets hope they agree to put it right for you.

Good for you to stay positive, like I said at the support meeting, the band is only a tool to your will power and it’s you that’s lost the weight so keep up the good work and hope to see even less of you next month at the meeting.

Chin up lad we’re all thinking of you.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

hides

Hi john
    So pleased there wasn’t a leak, but it has coursed confussion in a different way.

How has it been over the last few weeks for you ? Have you been very disciplined with your eating ? Only asking for any of us other bandsters that may have a problem in the future.

Heidi. X

johncg

Hi hides.

Somewhere there is a leak but it wasn’t obvious from the X-ray. Will have to wait until the Dr talks. To guy slater and streamline as to what’s the next move is.

I have been very careful with food I’m quite conditioned now with eating habits and the amount of exercise in doing. I’m sad that this has happened but it had to. Happen to someone

All
    I stress to anyone considering WLS is read the small print and ask the question ” what happens if it leaks”. I took nearly two years of research into WLS and wish I had asked the question. Although I’m very sure it’s in print you do tend to gloss over this bit because your just wanting the op so much.

Anyway take care

Love John xxxx

Nettie

Hi John,

Will you be covered by streamline for this leak? surely you wont be expected to pay to put it right?

Nettie xx

johncg

Hi Nettie.

Streamline I’ve been told that streamline only give a 30day warranty….. But I was told that the surgeon also has a say in what happens!!!

Apart from the lovely Stacey I have not had a call or email from streamline, I did think they might have given me a call to at least say something.

My deep feelings are this. I have done everything right… The surgeon did his job very well… The Dr who done my fills done his job very well … The band has stopped doing its job, if I was the manufacturer of the band I would be asking “why has my very expensive band failed after six months lets get it sorted “

It might be early days and I’m a bit old fashioned when it comes to customer satisfaction but I’ll just have to await until the doctor talks to guy slater and I might get an answer in a few weeks or so….. It’s just so strange that the leak did not show up on the X-ray but it is leaking out!!!

Chin up or chins. Lol

Love John xxx

johncg

Just had a call from the Dr saying although my X-ray showed no leak mr slater is going to replace my band.

Love John xxx

Thats excellent news John I am so pleased for you and restored my faith xx
    wonderful

Nettie

It might be leaking out from the port, I have heard of that before and I am so pleased that Streamline are putting this right for you and U hope it is free of charge as I know how hard you battled with yourself over using the money on yourself.

Love Nettie xx

hides

Hi john
    So pleased you have an answer 🙂 , and like nettie said, i hope at no extra cost to yourself.

I’d be interested to hear what you have to do, ( ie ) do you have to do milk diet again for a week ? Or because of your fantastic loss they can go straight in .
    When is this likely to happen ?
    Are you then covered for another 30 days……. As it is new band .????

Best wishes, and really pleased for you.
    Heidi 🙂

Ms Ellie

Aww John been following this thread I hope all goes well for you xxxxx

johncg

Hi guys.

I should here from from streamline in a few days as to what when and where….

Yesterday evening and this Morning I have had terrible cramp pains in my belly and chest area kept me awake all night…. Hope it’s nothing connected with the band…..

Hope I don’t have to wait to long to get back on full track…..

Love John xxxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi John,
    I am really really pleased for you, I hope it goes well and stays well for this one, will be thinking of you and I hope you don’t have to wait to long before they get you in and sorted. I am coming to the next support group meeting with Lesley and if you are fit and well would be nice to meet you. I am off down to see the son and grandchildren in Devon tomorrow not seen them since October when I was down at his medal parade on his return from Afghan and I am another 3 stone lighter since then.
    Take care
    Elaine xx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media