Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Writing a book

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi everyone

Just thought I’d share a little bit of good news.

I started writing a book about my experiences of having a gastric bypass about 18 months ago, before I had a job. It has been somewhat shelved for a few months but I’m now back into the swing of it. I was asked to write it by some of the other wls people I have met as I have had a rather ‘unusual’ life. I’m not going to give too much away as I would actually like to sell a few copies haha! Anyway, I have been working on it over the weekend and I’m pleased that it is all coming together nicely. I’m looking for a publisher which is always the hardest part but have been pointed in the right direction by a friend.

So, that’s my latest endeavour. It’s actually rather painful to read some of it as it stirs up old memories I no longer identify with. I am far from completed as a person let alone a book! I just hope it will be useful and interesting.

Doodah x

ebaa

Sounds like a great idea good luck with it !! I know I would have found that a fab read before surgery and actually still would now there is always something to learn with wls and true experiences from a real patient would be just fab x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Sue

I think this is a wonderful Idea so good luck with finding a publisher, I am sure it will all go ok and be a best seller. It will make a nice change from reading and watch all the negative stuff that normally fills the media.

Paul

Mands

brilliant idea Doodah xxxx

Whitey

Is it going to be called “Fifty shades of WLS”? Move over EL James! Good luck with your book Sue I’m sure all the forum members would love to buy it. Elaine x

bakes28

That is a fabulous thing you’re doing. there aren’t enough books about this out there, especially not ones that focus on a patient and there exact views etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media