Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

worried

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

Iv read that some one got to pre op appointment and the surgeons wouldn’t go any further! Does this happen often and what reasons can stop the surgery going ahead? I’m just a worry bum, can’t help it lol yrs of bad luck I think……anyone have any answers? 🙂 x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi ‘worry bum’!

In general the only things that would stop surgery going ahead once funding has been approved are either a serious health issue that would make it too dangerous to go ahead, or the patient pulling out.

Doodah x

lisac2012

Thanks hun. I can’t help it I feel like its gonna be snatched back from me at any time, guess cos I want it so bad 🙂 spoke to hospital this morning and my first appointment is likely to be April/May time. I chose st Richards. Just back to the waiting x x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

As said by Doodah, by the time you get to pre op there is little to prevent your surgery, as everything else should have been tested and approved. Other than high blood pressure or you have failed an MRSA test you should e fine, although I had my MRSA Swabs done at the pre-op so spent the next 3 weeks dreading a phone call from them, especially when they did call, but only to tell me to stop taking one of my pills a week before the opp.

Paul

lisac2012

Thanks Paul, I’m sure it will be fine. Just can’t help worrying. Spoke to st richards today. Should have my first appointment April/May time….exciting!
    Iv told my partner we need to keep busy lol x

Doodah
    Keymaster

April/May is only just over a week away!! We will all be reading all about your op sooner than you could imagine. The time will fly by for us but I understand that for you it will drag. You are so right to tell your partner that you both need to keep busy! Maybe a spring clean? It will feel more like a brand new start if everything around you is geared for success.

Doodah x

lisac2012

Yes a spring clean sounds like a great idea, and maybe a bootfair 🙂 well my questionaire is done and doc is sending it off. So at least I know things are moving 🙂 I want to try and lose a few pounds before meeting the team…..im so excited about my new life x

Doodah
    Keymaster

And we are all excited FOR you 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media