Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Work

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    asonest

I am having a my consultation soon about getting a band fitted, I was wondering how quickly those of you with bands went back to work after the surgery?

Rachmz

I went back 2 weeks after surgery x

Gill.T

Hi
    I actually had three weeks off work – but work as a ward nurse, so quite a physical job.
    I understand that most people take 2 weeks off
    Best wishes
    Gill x

asonest

Thank you. Were you both able to take sick leave or holiday? Thanks

Anonymous

Hi As and welcome,

Initially the suggsetion is normally 2-3 weeks but again that would very much depend on what you do for a living.
    Heavy lifting has to be avoided for at least 4 weeks more I expect.

Driving, some say as soon as you are comfortable enough to make an emergency stop. but who knows when that is until you physically have to make such a stop.

Your intake will be so little initially that you will find yourself very very tired and lacking energy, hopefully work will understand and support you…. It will pay dividends for them eventaully as you become healthier, more active and so much happier.

Take your time, recover and hopefully thierafter will be pretty plain sailing…..

I went back to work half days after two weeks throguh shear boredom and back fulltime after 3 (bypass). Only because that was how much sick I was entitled too.

Wishing you well

Buzz x

xxladykxx

Hi Ya

I was back at work 5 days after the band. Athough I felt a little fagile I have an office job so very little strain! I also have 16month twin boys so I had no choise but to be lifting them after a couple of days. I am 3 months on now and didn’t seem to have caused any problems returning to things that quick

xxx

Anonymous

@xxladykxx 16276 wrote:

Hi Ya

I was back at work 5 days after the band. Athough I felt a little fagile I have an office job so very little strain! I also have 16month twin boys so I had no choise but to be lifting them after a couple of days. I am 3 months on now and didn’t seem to have caused any problems returning to things that quick

xxx

Does your hubby know you felt a little fagile???? lol…. I know my spelling is bad ( very bad ) but this made me smile…sorry…. pictures fraggles, you know the kids fluffy monsters from fragle rock..like sesemee street. sure you know your a mum to young uns…lol… Thank s for making me smile

Buzz xxx now back to the post 😉

mandyl

i think its good to check with ins company re driving. cant be sure on that though as i ride a motorbike and driving was def not on my mind for a while x

Anonymous

Good Point Mandy.

Considering this is somewhere near the equivilent of a heart bypass I expect their are some restrictions and a lot could linger on how fit yo were if you had an accident… COnsider asking your Insurance Company.

As for work… do you have issues or just asking, are they supporting you or being difficult?
    Perish the thought that you might go back before you are ready….

Buzz x

mandyl

i thought it was 6wks before you should drive but didnt wanna put it case i was totally wrong lol. x

asonest

Thanks for all your help, I have a office job so hope to back after a week but will have to wait and see.

ClaireBear

I was told a few days before driving and had 7 days off work (office so mostly sitting)

Work were good and let me work from home!

bex1983

Hi I was driving on day 5 and was fine and back to work after a week, lifting was not avoidable as single mum of a 3 yr old and although I feel fine I was tired after first day back and my wind pain won’t seem to go away.

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

derlooker
    Participant

Hi.
    I am a student and went back to college 5 days after bypass. Was tired but spend most of the day sitting down so wasn’t too bad.

I did feel very tired by the end of the day (It was a full 9-5) but I did not want to miss anything.

To be honest my mobility had been affected when I got so heavy and I was sick and tired of my life being ruined by my weight. I told myself I was going to be well enough not to miss any classes and I was. I am now 7 weeks post op and haven’t looked back. :).

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media