Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Wls the answer to several health issues?

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Wls the answer to several health issues?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster
    flabulous

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes this year after the birth of my daughter. This article gives me hope that I’ll be well controlled after my band. Thank you Doodah xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks for the link, but surly this is not new information, I know I was told there is a very good chance my type 2 diabetes would be cured, although in my case it looks like it has not, as the Hot Sweats I have been suffering from of late have been linked to spikes in my Blood Glucose levels, so it looks like I will be staying on Medication for that for some time.

Flabulous, Don’t quote me on this but I did read somewhere that its only the Bypass that has a record of curing diabetes, as the food enters the intestine past the point where sugar is absorbed, with the band that does not happen.

Some one please correct me if I am wrong on that point.

Thanks

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Your’e not wrong on either count Paul. I posted the link as we have new people joining us all the time. Us ‘old timers’ know about such things but some of our members join to learn what it’s like to live with wls from real people who have been through it themselves. They learn from people like you!

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media