Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

WLS easy way out????

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Blue Staffy

Was told I have took the easy way out to lose weight so I just laughed at them and told them to try it and then politely told the to go forth and multiply.

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Sammy39

This has been one of the hardest things I have done, ever 🙂 but I wouldn’t change a thing!
    Sammy

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Blue Staffy 23840 wrote:

Was told I have took the easy way out to lose weight so I just laughed at them and told them to try it and then politely told the to go forth and multiply.

Honestly, if only only ignorance could be cured so ‘easily’ eh??!!

Blue Staffy

They don’t have a clue Doodah

Lauren
    Keymaster

AGREED. Let them ‘walk a mile in our shoes’ then ask them if it’s easy!!

Blue Staffy

I’m only 4 weeks 3 days in (but I’m not counting lol) but even now how hard it is to change my eating habits it the best thing I have done besides getting married but let them think it’s the easy way if it fills there empty lives up.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha! Love it!

flabulous

This is the exact reason why I’ve told only immediate family. People can be so ignorant. Sorry you had to experience this. Best of luck with everything 🙂 x

Paul-H
    Participant

Oh the Jealousy of the Ignorant, how it dose amuse us.

Tell them what I say when its said to me.

Look on the bright side, I was fat, I am now no longer fat, you on the other hand are Ignorant and Ugly and there is nothing you can do about that.

I know it helps being a bloke and over 6 foot tall, but for me it works every time.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

The old green-eyed monster again Paul. Let’s face it, any non surgical method of weight loss is difficult and rarely works in the long term. Wls is still difficult but works forever for almost everyone.

In fact I have several friends who have joined slimming clubs because my strict regime post wls has scared them into doing something about it before they need surgery. If you only have 4 or 5 stone to lose then a healthy diet and exercise can work really well. However, for those of us who have passed the point of no return, it doesn’t. We know this to be true because we have tried them all! Ideally, we should sort it out before it gets to that point but you know what, sometimes life gets in the way of living and we dont put our own needs first and we end up needing wls. Thank goodness it is available otherwise, I honestly believe I wouldn’t be here typing this reply.

Wls helps the helpless – how can that be wrong? Even if it were easy – which it most certainly isnt.

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media