Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

WLS and Thyroxine

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

HI

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same. I have just had a letter my by GP surgery regarding my thyroxine levels and it seems that they have reduced and, as a result he wants to reduce my medication. As you can imagine I’m overjoyed at this but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks for the help.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx:smile:

sue wants 2 be thin
    Participant

Hi, i am on a very high dose of Thyroxine and mine have not reduced even tho i have lost nearly seven stone so sorry i can’t offer you any advice x x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Sue

Thanks for the reply, it’s good to know that I’m not the only one on thyroxine on this lovely journey of weight loss, you never know what can come up on here, I’ll wait and see.

Thanks again and congrats on your weight loss that’s fantastic.

Love
    Lesley
    xx

Fenella

Hi
    I have been on 250mg of thyroxine before now but when I started to lose weight on my own my thyroxine count went too high and I got palpitations and felt hot and anxious so I’m now on 225mg but am hoping to be able to reduce it further as I shrink. The thyroid is like a metabolic engine so in theory as we get smaller we may need less. Hope so!

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Fenella

Thanks for your post, it’s good to know that changes are normal on this journey.

Again, many thanks

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media