Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Wish List

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    bikerchris
    Participant

Hi All

I mentioned in a post last week that before my surgery I wrote a wish list of things I wanted to acheive. Well here I am 5 weeks post surgery and I can already tick one off.

Quite a number of years ago I bought myself a lovely watch, I must have been feeling flush as I’d never normally spend that kind of money (we’re not talking a Rolex here but a few hundred quid). Anyway, as I got bigger, I kept letting the bracelet out until it would go no more and my lovely watch was put away in a drawer and I had to wear a big men’s watch I got for a tenner off Ebay. As of today, I am wearing my lovely watch again and I am delighted.

I will be going for my 6 week check next week and will post weight loss then. I do have a set of scales at home but they are hidden from me as I am a compulsive weigher and that is not good for me.

Love Chris x

Kimberly
    Participant

Chris that’s fantastic new about being able to wear your watch soon your be adding more to your tick list . I think it’s brilliant hiding the scales and noticing differences in other ways .how exciting it be when you go for your follow up appointment .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32272 wrote:

Hi All

I mentioned in a post last week that before my surgery I wrote a wish list of things I wanted to acheive. Well here I am 5 weeks post surgery and I can already tick one off.

Quite a number of years ago I bought myself a lovely watch, I must have been feeling flush as I’d never normally spend that kind of money (we’re not talking a Rolex here but a few hundred quid). Anyway, as I got bigger, I kept letting the bracelet out until it would go no more and my lovely watch was put away in a drawer and I had to wear a big men’s watch I got for a tenner off Ebay. As of today, I am wearing my lovely watch again and I am delighted.

I will be going for my 6 week check next week and will post weight loss then. I do have a set of scales at home but they are hidden from me as I am a compulsive weigher and that is not good for me.

Love Chris x

How fantastic Chris, to have ticked off one of your wishes from the list already! I truly believe that all those seemingly little things actually mean just as much as improved health and life expectancy! I’m so happy for you.

I keep my scales in the shed haha! It would mean rummaging around for the keys and dodging spiders to weight myself so I only brave it once a month just to keep a check on things.

Well done my lovely. I look forward to hearing all the other things you can check off the list.

Doodah x

Whitey

Well done Chris. It’s strange how little things mean so much to us and other people wouldn’t understand. For me it was being able to cut and paint my toe nails! I couldn’t manage it before and my hubby did them for me. Also being able to sit in any chair without worrying. But the thing I love most is fastening the seat belt on a plane and being able to tighten it. I feel I want to scream out to everyone look I can fasten my belt!

Lauren
    Keymaster

The plane seat belt fitting with room to spare and being able to put down the lap tray – so absolutely wonderful that you want everyone on the plane to see it and have it announced by the captain haha! Sod what the altitude is – I can do up my seat belt and lower the tray!! Oh and while we are at it, I can also brush past someone else in the isle to get to the teeny tiny loo….that I can also fit into comfortably. GET IN!

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi all,

Well I’m pleased to say I have been able to add two more tick marks to my wish list. The first is that I have been able to incorporate some uphill into my daily walk. My dog and I love Ladybrook Valley, a glorious area of countryside, but until this week, I stuck to the riverside path as it is roughly flat. However this week we have been striking out up the sides of the valley and whilst yes I am out of breath at the top, it feels so good.

My other tick on the list is a much simpler matter, when I get out the shower every morning and wrap a bath sheet around me, the edges of the towel meet instead of gaping open. I can’t really explain why this feels such and achievement but it makes me very happy

Chris x

Kimberly
    Participant

That brilliant Chris , hold on to these moment they really are wonderful , I like that I can cut and paint my toe nails . Infact I think I got a problem I keep buying nail varnish , I just realised that in painting my toe nails every other day , just because I can lol .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32376 wrote:

Hi all,

Well I’m pleased to say I have been able to add two more tick marks to my wish list. The first is that I have been able to incorporate some uphill into my daily walk. My dog and I love Ladybrook Valley, a glorious area of countryside, but until this week, I stuck to the riverside path as it is roughly flat. However this week we have been striking out up the sides of the valley and whilst yes I am out of breath at the top, it feels so good.

My other tick on the list is a much simpler matter, when I get out the shower every morning and wrap a bath sheet around me, the edges of the towel meet instead of gaping open. I can’t really explain why this feels such and achievement but it makes me very happy

Chris x

I am right with you on this one Chris. I used to have super giant bath sheet that was 6′ wide and it didn’t go round my hips. I had to cling onto it to protect my modesty and when I went swimming, I used to have to use two and fasten them with a safety pin until I got a cubicle. How times change eh?

I also used to hate it in nice hotel rooms that although the slippers fitted me, I couldn’t even get my arm into the towelling gown they provided for pool/spa. The bath towels wouldn’t have even gone round ONE leg! I completely understand what a great milestone this is for you 😉

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 32377 wrote:

That brilliant Chris , hold on to these moment they really are wonderful , I like that I can cut and paint my toe nails . Infact I think I got a problem I keep buying nail varnish , I just realised that in painting my toe nails every other day , just because I can lol .

You just keep buying them! Nice little reward for all the hard work you have put in!

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

I have another lovely thing to post about, and interestingly this wasn’t something on my list. I’ve been offered a dream job and I’m so excited. Prior to surgery, I would not even have had the confidence to put myself in the job market to attend an interview. Rightly or wrongly, I believed no potential employer would see past my obesity, so I just stayed where I was and pretended I was satisfied. Now, with about 5 stones off, I feel differently.

treeza

Yay I’m so happy for you x doesn’t WLS just open up so many doors for us x I love mine x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32551 wrote:

I have another lovely thing to post about, and interestingly this wasn’t something on my list. I’ve been offered a dream job and I’m so excited. Prior to surgery, I would not even have had the confidence to put myself in the job market to attend an interview. Rightly or wrongly, I believed no potential employer would see past my obesity, so I just stayed where I was and pretended I was satisfied. Now, with about 5 stones off, I feel differently.

FANTASTIC Chris! I’m so thrilled for you. The world is now truly your oyster (or lobster as Del Boy would say!)

What a cheery post to wake up to – thanks so much for sharing it with us 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Fantastic new x

Ganny
    Participant

I was asked on the day on my surgery what I wanted to do after I had lost my weight and my answer like so many of you have said is to be able to cut and paint my toe nails. I now never go without painting my toe nails, every two weeks I change the colour. Another was being able to do my seat belt on a plane and pull the tray down in front of me and the first time I got on a plane after I had lost my weight I was still convinced I would have to ask for a extension but I didn’t, the same goes with travelling by train being able to walk down the aisle normally and without nearly having to walk sideways and to slip into the seat behind the table. So many things that others take for granted are really wonderful for us ladies that have never been able to do them before.
    Elaine x

Kimberly
    Participant

Initially my wish list was to be wash my kitchen floor without being breathless . And to be able to walk to the shops a 1/4 mile away . I had other which I succeeded in I cycled around the air field at the back of my house it’s 3 miles . Walked for an hour in the woods. . But I got some new ones now , I want to be able to roller skate along the seafront ! I like to try horse riding , and have a go at ice skating! .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media