Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

WHY is life sooooo cruel? Part 10

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TRSBordon

Hello,
    I am a 30 year old male who lives in Hampshire and more recently West Sussex.
    My weight is 30 Stone, my BMI is hovering around 57/58.
    I have Barretts, Arthritic Joints, Very bad Back Pain, Weak Knee’s, Weak Ankles, Sleepness nights through Aponea & stress, Asthma and get very short of breath and I have just had my anti depressants increased and have now been off work for nearly a year with all the above problems.
    I HATE MYSELF.
    I have been on many many diets and weight loss groups but these dont seem to work for me.
    I have been on Reductil and more recently Orlastat but I just cant control what I eat.
    My doctors have been trying to get funding for me from Hampshire PCT for 3 years but each time, they say my BMI must be 60 and have a life threatening condition, my doctors have said that if I put much more weight on, I will pay the ultimate price. (death) and this worries me senseless.
    My doctor has written to St Richards to request an appointment but, although I live in West Sussex now, I am still with my same doctors surgery which is on the Hants / West Sussex PCT borders and does refferals to both PCT’s, but the Gastric funding doesnt come from their surgery as they are funded by Hampshire PCT.
    I have just left the doctors now, and I am actually very emotional as I am writing this.
    I am not looking for any kind of sympathy but just some help really, as I do not know where to go from here.
    I wake up in the mornings and dont want to get up and I go to bed at night now wishing I wouldnt wake up the next day and this is not me at all. I used to be very happy and outgoing and people look at me strange when I say that I have an addiction to food, but I do, I wish I didnt but I do.
    I have written to MP’s, The Prime Minister, and many other people that I thought might be able to help in the past but they all say its policy and thats that.
    If I were to put more weight on to meet Hampshire criteria then I would die.
    I can not get a loan to go private and cant get any one to get approved for a loan for me.
    Please please please if anyone has any idea what I can do then please let me know.
    Thanks
    Tom

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media