Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

When will i feel restriction? Lose weight

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Band » When will i feel restriction? Lose weight

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

I had my band fitted on the 7th of November and have lost approx 28lb since then. It is mostly through dieting though and watching everything I eat. When will the band start helping me out? I have had two fills so far first one was 2.5ml and second one was 1.5ml. Anyone share their band journey with me as I am getting increasingly worried that it is not working for me.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Natalie

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a tough time.

I would strongly recommend you contact your team. You need to be able to voice your concerns and speak to a clinician. Don’t worry about feeling like a nuisance or failure – you most certainly will be considered neither of those things. Do it today sweetie.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Just had a fill so another 0.5ml hoping this helps.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Really glad you got to see someone Natalie. hate to think of anyone struggling and not knowing what to do for the best. let’s all keep everything crossed that the fill sorts the problem for you asap 😉

Isn’t it amazing how such a minute amount of fluid can make so much difference?! Wondrous thing this wls business lol!

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks Doodah. Feeling more positive as I know if this fill does not get me where I need to go I can get another. I feel like this may be a marathon and not a sprint but hey as long as its in the right direction I don’t mind

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 28207 wrote:

Thanks Doodah. Feeling more positive as I know if this fill does not get me where I need to go I can get another. I feel like this may be a marathon and not a sprint but hey as long as its in the right direction I don’t mind

You are absolutely correct to think that weight loss with a band is a marathon and not a sprint like it is with a bypass or sleeve. BUT, the important thing is that we all get to the finishing line in the end. It’s also like the marathon for bandsters in that you still get the winners medal, it’s just that it’s for 26 miles and not 15,000 metres!

You will get there. We are all here to help and encourage you. The time when we need each other the most is when things are not going so well. So please come along and let us know how you are doing. If we don’t know we can’t help and support you.

We also LOVE hearing about your victories and milestones. I personally gave myself small goals to achieve so that when I reached them, I was in a positive frame of mind to go on to the next one. My goals were split into chunks of 5 stone that I had to repeat three times. My first five stone loss was one of the best moments of my life. I can’t wait to hear all about yours! Also, give yourself a realistic goal. I could be 2st lighter and still not be underweight but I am totally happy with how I am weight and size wise now.

Keep going, stay positive (but cry on our shoulders when you have bad days (because they will happen)) and be kind to yourself.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks Doodah. Back on my healthy eating getting satisfied quicker now with my last fill. I needed to get my head in the right place. I was feeling really frustrated but spoke to my surgeon and he reassured that when the band is at the correct tightness the weight loss will be more consistent.

brown69owl

Hi Natalie

Well done on your weight loss so far.

I have a band and in a few weeks time I will be at my 1 year anniversary, I am now at 5 stone loss and feel great.

I have to say that it took me nearly 10 months to get to my ‘sweet spot’ but the weight came off slowly and steadily. This time last year I was in a size 20 and now a size 14 and feel great. The band is a great tool .

Just keep on doing what you are doing , you are doing just great ! Any questions just ask away.

Jackie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks for that super positive response Jackie. It’s the reason I love this place – there is always someone who can identify with you and offer support.

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media