Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

What were you eating at 6 weeks post bypass??

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Bypass » What were you eating at 6 weeks post bypass??

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

Hello there

Any suggestions as to what to eat from 6 weeks post bypass, I would just be interested in suggestions. Am not keen on fish and have struggled with eggs so far… Just having a dip in confidence and enthusiasm. Need to take more care of myself.

Thanks in advance

Floyd

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

At 6 weeks post bypass I was still on mashed food, so anything soft enough to be mashed, which was mainly soft vegetables and soups. Meats always where and still are a problem, but that’s just me, as everyone is different. One tip, don’t make your food preparation a chore otherwise you will get fed up with it and start cutting corners, keep things simple and you be on normal foods sooner than you think. Another 2 weeks is not long to go till you can start normal foods. (Assuming you are following the Streamline diet that is).

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

These books by Carol Ball will have all the ideas, recipes and shopping list suggestions for every single stage of your progression following wls. They are my bibles!! Being veggie, I have to make lots of different choices but in general, I find being vegetarian easier to keep to the low fat/sugar rule.

I was at the same stage as you at 6 weeks, with maybe a little more care with keeping it smooth as I had also had my gall bladder out and didn’t want to risk anything getting stuck or putting in a repeat performance so to speak!

If you are really bothered, contact your dietitian for more specific advice. Hope this helps.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media