Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

What to drink??

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Emily.p

Hi All

Qucik question just wanted to ask you all what you drink when you go out to pubs and restaurants???

Thanks
    Emilyxx

sonia kidman

Hi Emily
    All I can seem to drink at the moment is water can’t stand the smell of anything else so I just have a glass of iced water they look at you as if you are speaking alien but hey I don’t care. You could always ask for orange but remember it has to be 50/50.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Sonia

Emily.p

Hey

Yeh thats what I have been having but you get a bottle and I can never finish it and seems like a waste and was just thinking further down the line what do you have?? I have beeen having squash at home to make it more appealing. I am starting to miss coke now a little.
    what does 50/50 mean?

Emilyxx

sonia kidman

Emily
    50/50 means if you have say a orange juice not squash you have to have 50 % water added to it or your get dumping.
    How are you getting on with meals I had a real bad day yesterday getting fed-up with not being able to chew food when they said no baby food god knows why everything I eat is like baby food.
    I am also getting worried as I have only had one number two since my op and I am drinking loads of water,think I will have to go see doc.
    Anyway Take care
    Sonia x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi You Two,
    Number 2’s have one every day now, what I have is either pureed rhubarb or puree prunes and at moment they are working as I really don’t want to have to use medication. I am not having really pureed food now but I am mashing every thing really well and chew, chew, chewing. I am having lots of protein as I don’t want hair loss and so far that seems ok. I had soft scrambled egg and low fat cheese last night it was really lovely and fresh salmon that is really mashed down is also rather nice but I am so looking forward to going on to crunchy stuff like crackers lol.
    Hope that helps Sonia, as for drinking Emily how about iced still water with a dash of lime in it.
    Take care
    Elaine xx

sonia kidman

Hi Elaine
    I never thought of prunes great idea as I love them.
    I had mashed food last saturday and was sick with in seconds my insides felt like they had acid pored down them I was crying in pain.So I think I will stick to puree food for now but I love the idea of scrambled egg and salmon.You have given me some great ideas thank you very much.I am the same as you can’t wait till I can have BBQ trout and homemade potato salad.
    Hope you are well Elaine.
    Take care
    Sonia x x x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Sonia,
    I had that the other day my own fault ate to quickly and didn’t chew enough had what they call foaming not nice at all and the only way I got other it was by being sick, won’t be doing that in a hurry again.
    Take care.
    Elaine xxx

sonia kidman

Elaine,

That is what I had my god the pain is so bad I had never heard of this foaming before,I have to agree I have learnt never try to run before you can walk.

I am now taking Prunes hope that works.
    How are you getting on ? and how much weight have you lost?
    I have only lost a little but my blood sugars are fantastic and no insulin from 5 injections to none it is wonderful,and thank god last injection tonight god I find it so hard to get the ruddy needle in.
    Anyway take care
    Sonia x x

Emily.p

Oh I had just written such a long reply and the computer cuts out sooooo annoying! Lets try again.

Hi both seems like your both doing well!!

Thanks for the drink Ideas will try them I am out tonight so will give them ago.
    I have also been puree my food less so there is something to chew on and had no problems luckily but wont push it any further than that for now.
    I was having problems with my bowels and I was getting awful pains in my left side so called loxwood and they said to take a gentle laxative and have been ok since then but they still arent very regular will have to keep a eye on that.
    I have lost 2 stone 4 pounds in total since the start of the milk diet 8 pounds in my first week and 7pounds in my second so doing well so far but sure it will ease up how about you two??

How are your wounds have you taken your bandages off yet??

Emilyxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi You Two,
    I have lost 2 stones since the start of the milk diet and have already had to go into smaller tops. I have no dressings on my wounds now and they are healing and looking good. I had pains in my left hand side and like you phoned Loxwood and was told it was everything inside knitting together and healing and not to worry about it and I must say it has eased off these last two days. I must say I am feeling great, have you had your post op appointment come through, mine is on the 5th of May at 11.10, would be nice if yours was the same day and we could meet up.
    Elaine xx

Emily.p

Hi Ganny

So we are both doing very similar then which is good!
    My pain also went a couple of days ago get the odd twinge but is fine. I have now taken my bandages off and all looks very good no problems.
    Yes my appointment is that day aswell at 10.10 but it doesn’t say how long to be there as I will need it off work, will be great to see you we will be looking thinner by then 🙂

Emily xxx

sonia kidman

Hi
    I am also there on the 5th mine is at 9.30 but I will stay to say hi as it will be great to catch up.

Sounds like you two are ding great I have lost a stone and a half since milk diet but mt great thing is no insulin in three weeks which is wonderful,worth having the op just for that.

Glad to hear you are both well see you on the 5th.
    Sonia x x x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media