Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

What happens when you go to the 2 week appoinment before your op

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Pre-op Appointments- What to expect » What happens when you go to the 2 week appoinment before your op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Donna O

I am curious to know what happens when you go for your 2 week app before your op, i thought it was called a pre op assesment ? but after reading some of the threads im not sure.I go for my app on the 25th of aug how long are you there for does anyone know ?I know i have to see the nurse to sort out my clexane injections but i wondered what else you do ?If any one could shed some light i would be gratefull thanks .

Ganny
    Participant

When I went for my pre op assesment, they weighed me, talked about the op and what would happen, took some blood and a MRSA swab, was only at Chichester about an hour max. Hope that helps.
    Elaine x

kathc

Hi Donna – exactly what Elaine said bloods re check of history check mobility issues if any Mrsa swab . Then a run through of the op day . Think I was there 1.5 hours . Another chance to ask any last Q’s .

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Donna O

Ok thanks that has set my mind at rest for a while guess im just a bit nervous the time is slowly creeping forward im excited but anxious x

johncg

Hi all, I have nit been told about ant pre op assessment!! I had my consultation with guy last Friday we talked about my eating habits, and guy recommended I have the band, we then went through the procedure of the op, I then went to see the dietician where pre and post op food was talked about. I then received a call giving me a date fir the op… Perhaps when I receive any paperwork it will mention a pre op assessment.

Cheers
    John

kathc

Hi John pre op assessment is a common thing with any operation they just do a final check of Bp bloods mrsa swab etc nothing to worry about it is routine .

Katherine

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Nettie

Hi John, my pre op was carried out by the hospital and organised by them rather than streamline and I was informed about it via a letter with all my admission/fasting instructions for the operation, it came direct from the hospital so I am sureyou will hear soon. I bet you’re counting down the days now.

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Super information and advice as usual! What would we do without this fabulous network of support?!

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media