Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

What a difference half a ml makes!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    sharlotte

I went for my 2nd band fill on Friday thinking it would be another 2 ml fill, I was gutted to find out I was only getting half a ml. OMG what a huge difference that has made!!
    I be not been hungry since Friday, not wanted to pick, eating very slowly, chew chew chewing, and enjoying every morsel!
    I was also told I can drink with meals which was news to me!!!
    So chuffed 🙁
    Let the band work its magic! 2 stone down, 6 to go!!!

natalieyoung

Ah Sharlotte that’s brilliant hun. I am off for my fill on Saturday so hopefully it works!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@sharlotte 26826 wrote:

I went for my 2nd band fill on Friday thinking it would be another 2 ml fill, I was gutted to find out I was only getting half a ml. OMG what a huge difference that has made!!
    I be not been hungry since Friday, not wanted to pick, eating very slowly, chew chew chewing, and enjoying every morsel!
    I was also told I can drink with meals which was news to me!!!
    So chuffed 🙁
    Let the band work its magic! 2 stone down, 6 to go!!!

So glad it went well and you are pleased with the results Sharlotte.

Have to say, I’m really puzzled that they said you can eat and drink at the same time?! I have NEVER heard this before no matter what type of wls has been done.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

My consultant said I can eat and drink too as studies have shown it does not effect weight loss

sharlotte

Well doodah, I saw Richard juniper, me prings sidekick and he said I could, I told him that I’m sure chris told me I couldn’t way back when I was looking into the surgery!!!! I’m very confused!!!!
    Maybe I should ask at my next fill?

sharlotte

Thanks Natalie! Hope your fill goes well too!x

natalieyoung

Fingers crossed that I start losing again at the minute I am just staying the same

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 26836 wrote:

My consultant said I can eat and drink too as studies have shown it does not effect weight loss

It isn’t about weight loss but the fact that if you try to eat and drink at the same time it can overfuill your new, tiny pouch and will have to come up again. However, if your surgeon has said it’s ok for YOU to do it then you can try it. Hope it is successful.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Hi Sharlotte had fill today it was grand did not hurt at all. Got 2.5ml in my band. Have been on liquids today but still feeling hungry maybe I need more. How u getting on?

natalieyoung

Had a bowl of cereal this morning but did not feel any different. Do you feel restriction more with solid food maybe

Lauren
    Keymaster

Always ask your dietitian and the rest of your team but in general it’s protein that fills you up for longer. Try to get as much as possible and that should help you not to feel ravenously hungry. Also, remember your fluids. Sometimes we think we are hungry when we are, in fact, thirsty.

The other thing to consider is head hunger. I have spoken in depth about that particular little b***er. The one who sits on our shoulder telling us we are hungry when we are probably just bored, sad, happy, frightened – indeed every single emotion we previously used food to express. Keep busy. Head hunger won’t ever leave us alone entirely but we can shut him up by refusing to listen! Go for a walk, do some ironing, listen to your favourtite music, call a friend in fact ANYTHING that will stop you thinking about food. It’s a hard and old habit to break but it can be done.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks Doodah you are such a great help. Yes I think head hunger is a big issue for me. I stuck to my guns and only had 3 small meals yesterday.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good for you sweetheart. I personally think it is the hardest part to contend with. We will never be free of it but we can win the war, even if we lose the odd battle 😉

Doodah x

sharlotte

Hi Natalie,

I have 2.5 in my band now and the difference is amazing! Lost 5 pounds last week woop woop, 3rd fill on Friday so hopping to have lost 2 more lbs since then!!!

I found I wasn’t drinking enough for the first few weeks after having the band, so up your fluids big time!

Always have a drink before you have something to eat just to see if the hunger subsides!!!

Keep me posted xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks for reminding everyone of this again Sharlotte.

I say it all the time but I sometimes feel like everyone must think ‘Oh do stop nagging woman’!! It’s true though – our bodies often confuse hunger and thirst so a drink first before going to the fridge helps in about 99% of cases.

So glad you are feeling brighter. Mind you, losing 5lbs in a week is enough to make ANYONE deleriously happy!!

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media