Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Well it’s over and I’m home

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

@penny 34205 wrote:

Hi Doodah,
    Glad you had a good holiday, great to have you back,
    I am in a bad way and not doing to good, since I had my band emptied by Mr Chris Pring to stop the awful symtoms of regurge and pain and sickness, it has made me so hungry I am eating so much and have put on a stone in just 3 weeks I cannot stop eating, I am still having pain but just because I am overdoing it but can not stop. I tried to phone st richards today only it was so busy i did not get a answer on the phone, I have been given a letter for a revsion to gastric by pass and I am at a tier 4. I believe this still means a long wait, I am not sure what to do I hate myself and the way I am begining to look again. I wondered if chris pring would fill my band again until i can have the revision, he said the band was on my oesophagous .! sorry needed to spill, i cannot stop crying and that makes the cycle worse.

Oh Penny, I’m so very sorry to hear how miserable you are. Keep trying to get through at St Richard’s. You may have more luck this week as many people are off on their holidays.

As for hating yourself, PLEASE don’t. You are human. We humans have faults (I have more than my fair share, I can tell you) so it is almost inevitable that we will make mistakes. This does not mean that we are bad people. Food addiction is real. Some turn to alcohol or tobacco, we turn to food.

Chris Pring must have a very good reason for emptying your band but, as I am not a clinician or a surgeon, I have no clue what it is. All I do know is that he will have put your safety first. As you say you possibly have quite a way to go before you can have a revision, perhaps it might help to join a weight loss group in the time being? Even if it is to simply maintain the weight you are now. It could help you to not gain anymore.

I feel so sorry for you, I really do. Sending you a virtual hug my lovely. Keep phoning and let them know how desperate you feel. Please keep in touch too. We are all here for you and are on your side.

Doodah x

penny

Thanks so much for a virtual hug, I really believe you understand what I am going though, I did speak to a lovely secretary today at the hospital and she explained to me the wait, it will be May before i get to the MDT meeting and then it will be another approx 7 months which will take the time till christmas 2016, she was so very nice to me and I do appreciate the waiting times. That is a good idea to join a weight group although I must try to get positive thoughts. I have a lot of pain today and still feel very low. Thank you Doodah xx

Vickster

Aw Penny, that sounds really distressing for you. I was just wondering, and I have no idea if it works or not, but I keep seeing a lot about hypnotherapy gastric banding, and as you have previously had a band, I wondered if it might be easier to sort of trick your body in to thinking that you still have the band? As I said, I don’t know anything about this at all, but thought that it might be worth looking into? Sending big, big hugs x x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@penny 34214 wrote:

Thanks so much for a virtual hug, I really believe you understand what I am going though, I did speak to a lovely secretary today at the hospital and she explained to me the wait, it will be May before i get to the MDT meeting and then it will be another approx 7 months which will take the time till christmas 2016, she was so very nice to me and I do appreciate the waiting times. That is a good idea to join a weight group although I must try to get positive thoughts. I have a lot of pain today and still feel very low. Thank you Doodah xx

I believe you are right, Penny. I do understand exactly how you feel. I was knocked back twice for wls and I very nearly gave up. I was fortunate enough to have a supportive GP who never gave up on me, even when I wanted to.

I went on a pain management course about 12 years ago (Fibro, arthritis and damaged spine in a car accident) and it was one of the best things I ever did. Boy am I using it now. My damaged discs ‘blew’ on Tuesday afternoon and I have been immobile ever since. Being in pain, constantly, is exhausting. Not tiring – exhausting. It makes focusing on anything else almost impossible.

The pain management plan taught me take tiny, tiny steps both physically and mentally. That way, we succeed many, many times. It doesn’t matter what the triumph is, or how small. It only matters that we win. It taught me loads of other stuff including exercises and breathing but the lesson on giving ourselves achievable goals was priceless.

You have already achieved one of your goals – you got through to St Richard’s. You didn’t give up, therefore, you reached your goal. Today, mine is to get outside. Whether or not I get dressed properly is an entirely different goal haha! Thank the heavens above for tracky bottoms and tee shirts.

Phone your chosen weight loss group today or look them up online. You don’t have to go to the meetings these days, it can all be done online so you can suit your pain levels. The goal is the connection, not the joining.

I’m here for you. We ALL are. You have joined one of the kindest, most supportive group of people you could ever wish to know. Now THAT is a goal. Take care my lovely.

Doodah x

penny

Thank you so much Vickster, that is a good idea never thought of that kind of thing before but it would be worth giving it a try,I shall look into that. thanks for your support. xx

penny

Wow you must be in so much pain bless you, thank you so much for your support, I do hope you are able to move a lot better today, and I agree trackies are great, so comfortable. I am going to look into the weight loss groups and see if i could get motivated. I am also going to try the hyponothrapy that vickster suggested.
    Thanks so much all. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@penny 34230 wrote:

Wow you must be in so much pain bless you, thank you so much for your support, I do hope you are able to move a lot better today, and I agree trackies are great, so comfortable. I am going to look into the weight loss groups and see if i could get motivated. I am also going to try the hyponothrapy that vickster suggested.
    Thanks so much all. xx

I ventured out for an hour yesterday as I was going stir crazy. I was flippin shattered when I got home. It made me very emotional as it has been a good reminder of how far I have come in life since my bypass. It’s not all about clothes, weight and holidays. Having wls lets you live again.

Hypnotherapy can work very well indeed. I’m so happy to see a more positive and hopeful outlook from you Penny. I know it’s really hard to keep it up but the mere fact that you are trying makes my heart swell, it really does. We are all here to support you on the days when being positive simply isn’t an option. You are not alone 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media