Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Well it’s over and I’m home

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

Feeling a bit yuk today after long drive home but it’s lovely to be home, thank you Chris Pring and all staff at St Richards Hospital in Chichester, they are brilliant

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34137 wrote:

Feeling a bit yuk today after long drive home but it’s lovely to be home, thank you Chris Pring and all staff at St Richards Hospital in Chichester, they are brilliant

So glad to see this post this morning!

The team at Dt Richard’s are second to none (I’m biased as I had my bypass there!) and you continue to be in very good hands.

Take it easy, follow the guidelines, be kind to yourself and dream of how much better you life is going to be from now. I’m over the moon for you.

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 34140 wrote:

So glad to see this post this morning!

The team at Dt Richard’s are second to none (I’m biased as I had my bypass there!) and you continue to be in very good hands.

Take it easy, follow the guidelines, be kind to yourself and dream of how much better you life is going to be from now. I’m over the moon for you.

Doodah x

I have a really bad tum, passing just bright yellow water, making me feel a bit down, did anyone else have this?

Lelly

treeza

Hi Lelly, how’s it going now? Are you still passing yellow fluid. It may just be bile but if you’re unsure please contact your team at St Richards. They are alway happy to answer any questions. Take care xxx

Lelly

@treeza 34150 wrote:

Hi Lelly, how’s it going now? Are you still passing yellow fluid. It may just be bile but if you’re unsure please contact your team at St Richards. They are alway happy to answer any questions. Take care xxx

Yes I am Treeza, I shall phone them on Monday, I am sure it’s normal but Co-Codamol is kicking in so slept last night xx

treeza

Aww bless you. Are you managing to eat a bit? How are the fluids going? Rest up Hun xx

Lelly

@treeza 34154 wrote:

Aww bless you. Are you managing to eat a bit? How are the fluids going? Rest up Hun xx

Drinking better now Treeza, feel a lot better today xx

loulou19

So pleased you are home and all went well. Take it easy and be kind to yourself – you deserve it xx

Lelly

@loulou19 34160 wrote:

So pleased you are home and all went well. Take it easy and be kind to yourself – you deserve it xx

Aww thank you Loulou xx

treeza

I’m so glad to hear that honey x

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are you feeling today, Lelly?

I’ve been away on holiday to Corfu. So sorry I couldn’t help before now.

If you are still having ‘pee trouble’, phone your team or ask your GP to see you or suggest something. It takes a while for our bodies to work ‘normally’ again after any major surgery but make sure you keep on top of it. Don’t let anyting that worries you drag on. Your team will be happy to help you.

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 34182 wrote:

How are you feeling today, Lelly?

I’ve been away on holiday to Corfu. So sorry I couldn’t help before now.

If you are still having ‘pee trouble’, phone your team or ask your GP to see you or suggest something. It takes a while for our bodies to work ‘normally’ again after any major surgery but make sure you keep on top of it. Don’t let anyting that worries you drag on. Your team will be happy to help you.

Doodah x

Hope you had a wonderful holiday Doodah, we all missed you on here. My trouble was poo related rather than pee :O) but hopefully getting under control, I did speak to Loxwood and they reassured me but said to contact them if it continues. I am feeling better thank you and do not regret having this done, although my hubby bought fresh crusty bread yesterday and I found myself sniffing it, I am not hungry but the look of things that I used to love plays with my head. Cooked sausage stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with new potatoes, macaroni cheese and salad with coleslaw on Saturday ans although I looked at it lovingly the smell of cucumber was the worst thing. I did stick my finger in the macaroni cheese sauce though, bad girl
    Lelly xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34191 wrote:

Hope you had a wonderful holiday Doodah, we all missed you on here. My trouble was poo related rather than pee :O) but hopefully getting under control, I did speak to Loxwood and they reassured me but said to contact them if it continues. I am feeling better thank you and do not regret having this done, although my hubby bought fresh crusty bread yesterday and I found myself sniffing it, I am not hungry but the look of things that I used to love plays with my head. Cooked sausage stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with new potatoes, macaroni cheese and salad with coleslaw on Saturday ans although I looked at it lovingly the smell of cucumber was the worst thing. I did stick my finger in the macaroni cheese sauce though, bad girl
    Lelly xx

That’s all entirely normal. It’s such a hard habit to break – eating when we are not even hungry. As I type, I have a plate of toast that had been sitting there for over an hour now as I would rather have another brew than eat the toast! I will eventually get round to eating it but not until my thirst has been quenched fully. Tea is a total lifesaver for me as I can drink it all day without guilt. It also comforts me more than anything else in the world. I gave up sugar in my tea 6 months ago so that I could drink more tea without having to worry about my teeth with all the sugar I was having!

Slow and steady wins the race. Not just the sprint at the beginning – the whole entire Marathon!

Thank you, the weather on holiday was absolutely amazing. Average of 34C every day. Being to lizard I now am after wls (always cold) it was bliss to be so warm!! I had pistachio ice cream every day and still managed to lose 5 lbs! It must have been all the swimming!

Doodah x

Doodah x

penny

Hi Lelly hope you are doing ok, I am having a bad time at the moment with diet. I hate it.

penny

Hi Doodah,
    Glad you had a good holiday, great to have you back,
    I am in a bad way and not doing to good, since I had my band emptied by Mr Chris Pring to stop the awful symtoms of regurge and pain and sickness, it has made me so hungry I am eating so much and have put on a stone in just 3 weeks I cannot stop eating, I am still having pain but just because I am overdoing it but can not stop. I tried to phone st richards today only it was so busy i did not get a answer on the phone, I have been given a letter for a revsion to gastric by pass and I am at a tier 4. I believe this still means a long wait, I am not sure what to do I hate myself and the way I am begining to look again. I wondered if chris pring would fill my band again until i can have the revision, he said the band was on my oesophagous .! sorry needed to spill, i cannot stop crying and that makes the cycle worse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media