Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weightloss has stopped!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jansus28

Hi everyone! It’s been a while and my weightless has stopped!! Still eating small portions but eating not the right food!! Finding it difficult and trying not to slip back to old eating habits but it is so hard! Need to go back to the gym and eat healthy again! Know what to do just need to do it! Why do we fall backwards! It’s so not fair! Total weight loss now 6 stone 7 lbs! Thank you for read my rent!! Xxxxx love you all xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 28814 wrote:

Hi everyone! It’s been a while and my weightless has stopped!! Still eating small portions but eating not the right food!! Finding it difficult and trying not to slip back to old eating habits but it is so hard! Need to go back to the gym and eat healthy again! Know what to do just need to do it! Why do we fall backwards! It’s so not fair! Total weight loss now 6 stone 7 lbs! Thank you for read my rent!! Xxxxx love you all xxx

Hi Jan

You know what? I reckon just about everyone is struggling a little at the moment – including ME! I think it has a great deal to do with the weather. It is just so cold, dark and miserable that I feel peckish all the time. I also am drinking too much tea and coffee in an effort to stay warm. Ridiculous isn’t it? Also, who wants to go out to get some exercise when it’s so flippin awful out there?!

All we can do is stay mindful and not let it slip too far. I have always said that 7lbs is my benchmark. If I ever gain more than that, I will go straight back to basics – the milk diet. I have had to do it this year because it has been such a terrible year for me. I intend doing it again next week as the 4lbs I gained then lost has put in another appearance after erratic eating following the sudden death of my beloved Greyhound last week.

So, be aware of what you are doing, have a plan in place and (and this is the important bit) follow the plan sooner rather than later. This is a whole life thing so it’s foolish of us to get hung up over the days and weeks weight wise. ‘Normal’ people fluctuate by 7lbs all the time and they don’t get hung up over it. How lucky they are!

Doodah x

ps nice to hear from you again 🙂

jansus28

Thank you Doodah you are always right! I have missed your wise words! Well I weighed myself today after two weeks! I was actually scared too! And I remember being told not to weigh my self all the time! Which I had been on a daily basis! And guess what!? I have lost the extra 5lbs I had put on!!!! Thank god!! So that has given me a great push!

I was thinking of doing the milk duet again for one week only to see if that kick stats me again! I will hold off until I am stuck again!

I think you are right the weather is bad! I went on holiday to Aurba in the carriban it was amazing hot and sunny and it was all I needed! However the all inclusive food and rum did not help and that’s why the 5lbs appeared!!! However I did well on hols ate well however felt very sick by the end as the food was too rich!!!

Sorry to hear about your dog it’s not fair but I feel your pain Hun xxxx you are an amazing inspiration Doodah and you are very strong xxx

Good to be back xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 28832 wrote:

Thank you Doodah you are always right! I have missed your wise words! Well I weighed myself today after two weeks! I was actually scared too! And I remember being told not to weigh my self all the time! Which I had been on a daily basis! And guess what!? I have lost the extra 5lbs I had put on!!!! Thank god!! So that has given me a great push!

I was thinking of doing the milk duet again for one week only to see if that kick stats me again! I will hold off until I am stuck again!

I think you are right the weather is bad! I went on holiday to Aurba in the carriban it was amazing hot and sunny and it was all I needed! However the all inclusive food and rum did not help and that’s why the 5lbs appeared!!! However I did well on hols ate well however felt very sick by the end as the food was too rich!!!

Sorry to hear about your dog it’s not fair but I feel your pain Hun xxxx you are an amazing inspiration Doodah and you are very strong xxx

Good to be back xxx

Thanks my lovely. I know some people don’t understand about losing a pet but it honestly feels like I have lost a friend. I keep looking round from my desk to see his big soulful eyes as he lies right by the chair – to find he isn’t there. Gulp. My two dogs kept me company after I had my surgery and now I only have Pippy, my Chocolate Labrador who is also grieving for his lifelong friend.

I took him for a nice long walk yesterday in the sunshine and was amazed at how much better it made me feel so I think my theory about the weather might be right!

It is not a good idea to constantly weigh ourselves as we can fluctuate by pound even during one day. And I always ask myself ‘What do ‘normal’ people do?’ Well they sure as heck don’t weigh themselves several times a day. I suppose because they don’t worry about their weight, they eat healthily most of the time but don’t get wracked with guilt over a few extra puddings or rum punches!! Stress can halt weight loss and even make you gain a bit so I have stopped worrying and don’t weigh myself all the time. However, I do recognise the need for proper nutrition so, if the number on those scales creep up, I cut back on the non essential and nutritionally vacant foods until I feel tip top again. This is usually reflected on the scales and how comfy my favourite jeans are!

You were right to thoroughly enjoy your holiday – it’s what the ‘normals’ do lol! Isn’t that all any of us have ever wanted to be? Healthy, happy and at peace with ourselves: not a bad goal in life 🙂

Doodah x

Almost there

@jansus28 28814 wrote:

It is very challenging when weight loss stops especially when. One still has weight to lose! However your post says that you have had a little blip with food choices so don’t beat yourself up just get back on the straight and narrow once again, my weight loss stopped after only the first 10 months and sobsequent tests showed I am metabolically compromised from starving my body for so long! So it’s been. Difficult to think this is where my weight stays but am now undergoing plastics to help remove almost 5 stones of excess skin so that should help onwards and upwards!!, best of luck to you

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s true that extra weight from the excess skin can quite a few pounds. My tummy tuck relieved me of quite a few! However, we also have to remember that our bodies are very, very clever and highly evolved to retain fat at every given opportunity (40,000 years of evolution) so sometimes we just have to accept that what we consider a desirable weight (which is often dictated purely by fashion) may not be the one our bodies requires.

I could be a stone lighter and still not be underweight. I have accepted that I will never be a size 10. At almost 54 years of age it’s probably a good idea. I have extra cushioning for my poor arthritic old bones should I ever fall and a bit of ‘spare’ should I become ill. I had food poisoning last weekend so it was just as well that I am not on the lower end of a desirable weight as I would have ended up looking and feeling dead rather than ill!!

The whole point of wls is better health. I personally believe that improved looks are merely a bonus. Our bodies work so very hard for us that we can sometimes forget that they need a holiday just like us! Be patient, trust the surgery, follow the guidelines and it will happen. It might not be as quickly as you would like and you may not get as low a weight as you want but your health will improve and so will your confidence. That is far more attractive than a perfect size ten figure 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media