Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Coolgirl426

Hey guys!

How much weight have people lost in the 1st week?

I’m on day 6 and I’ve lost about 10 pounds!

Gigi

Lauren
    Keymaster

Crikey Gigi, that is terrific! You must be over the moon. I lost a stone in two weeks on the pre op (milk) diet so you are way ahead of me. keep up the good work sweetie x

Doodah x

Coolgirl426

I’m getting worried tho. I’m not getting the feeling of been full until its too late! Not sure what size meals I should be eating! When I eat too much I get pain in my back and shoulders which means it hurts to walk.

I guess it will take time to get the right amount.

Gigi

Lauren
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m, confused. Are you still on the pre op diet or are you now post op? Quite a few newbies currently so my poor brain is whirring.

Doodah x

Coolgirl426

I am post op diet! Had my band last Friday x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Ah Right. Then absolutely everything you are experiencing is normal.

Did you not receive a diet sheet when you were discharged? My friend has had a band not much longer than you and she is now eating soft mince, mash and very soft carrots cut up or slightly ‘crushed’ with gravy. She has a very small amount, sets a timer and eats it slowly enough to take 20 minutes. She chews everything thoroughly and always starts with the protein. I advised her to buy a child’s ‘keep warm’ plate that you fill with hot water as it helps to keep the food nice and warm whilst she takes 20 mins to eat!

I think you will find that if you eat more slowly, the message to your brain ‘Full up now’ will be registered better for you. I hope this helps a little. However, should you be worried about anything at all, phone your team for advice. they may ask the dietitian to help you.

You are doing brilliantly. remember, the bandsters are the tortoises in the race to be slimmer and healthier, whilst the bypassers are the hares. we all get there in the end.

Doodah x

Coolgirl426

Thank you! I’m not finding it hard to take food down. Just don’t want to stretch my band! I guess I must be doing something right if I’ve lost 10 pounds!

Might go and speak to my doctor to make sure

Thanks again

Gigi ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Well quite! If you are losing then you are doing it right! For YOU. We are all so very different that there are only ever guidelines, not rules per se. keep up the good work Gigi x

Doodah x

Coolgirl426

Thank you! I’m so happy I can speak to people on here! You have been so helpful, so thank you very much!

Gigi xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

And also don’t forget at only a week post surgery their will still be a bit of swelling to settle down, even with a band, your stomach has to get used to having something wrapped around it giving it a good squeeze so could still be playing up because of that.

But 10 pound in a week is still a fantastic result though so you are doing well.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good point Paul – as usual ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Coolgirl426

Thanks everyone!

It’s been a week and I feel so different already!

11 pounds down! And I couldn’t be more happy!

๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again everyone

Gigi xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Gigi, we are all SO happy for you sweetie. Oh and while you are thanking us all, don’t forget to say a huge thank you to the most important and influential person in all of this – YOU! The surgeons give us the tools, the clinical staff show us how to use it, friends and support groups help us to keep going but WE are the ones who have the final word/effect on how we succeed. Like Mr Shaw Somers says – it’s all about team work: of which you are the Captain ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well done indeed

Doodah x

Coolgirl426

Hey!

How long do I have to leave my dressing on?? It’s really starting to itch! And I don’t have any more clean dressings ?

Gigi

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Gigi

Phone your team. It’s different for each hospital/surgeon/team. However, if it’s itching, I believe that is a good sign!

Doodah x

ps let us know how you get on x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media