Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

weight loss

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป weight loss

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

So few months ago I was 189kg ๐Ÿ™ I weighed yesterday I am 181kg which is fantastic, couldn’t be more thrilled iv just cut down the crap n eat few healthier meals etc but I cant help panicking when o go for my first appointment at hospital the surgeon will think I am capable of doin it on my own and will refuse surgery, that being its still of as I struggle to keep the weight off, but I have just been trying to get in the right mindset…..any advice???

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

78rpm

Bear in mind that alot of us could lose some weight but would then if you were like me put it back on with extra. Between my original consultation with Shaw Somers and my 2 nd I managed to lose a stone but there was no way that I would have been able to get to where I am now without the surgery as I had yoyo’d before and it has only been my bypass that has given me the tools to lose what I have. As you can see from my diet ticker below after just over a year I have lost about 104kg wouldnt have been possible before. Having said that being in the right frame of mind to start this journey definately helps.

rgds

Jay

lisac2012

Thanks for reply, yeah I am the same like I said I don’t know if it will still be off at hospital as I’m prone to putting it and more on.

lisac2012

Thanks for reply, yeah I am the same like I said I don’t know if it will still be off at hospital as I’m prone to putting it and more on. I definately need the bypass tool to help me. I just thought id try eating a bit healthier pre op but hopefully this won’t jeapordise x

katy

Hi
    I lost a fair bit of weight in between my first appointment and op day. The weight loss actually took me under the qualifying BMI of 40 but this did not jeopardise my surgery. I’m 4 weeks post op and doing well
    Katy

lisac2012

Hi Katy thanks for your reply that’s good to hear. And glad your doing well ๐Ÿ™‚ iv not yet had first appointment, just been on the phone. Seems they are still waiting on my doctor, don’t look like il be seen for a while x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi there Lisa.

I think the fact that you have lost some weight would show that you are in the right frame of mind. It has been known for some people to put on quite a bit of weight pre op as they see it as their opportunity to have one last ‘blow out’ before surgery. It has not been viewed favourably by the health professionals! I should imagine nerves alone would make us lose a bit before surgery – a bit like getting married! Most brides lose a bit in the pre-wedding run up through nerves and I thing wls is the same: they are both life-long commitments.

You are doing brilliantly. Well done.

Doodah x

shelleymarie

That is a great weight loss, I’m sure that your surgeon would only be more confident that you can succeed after surgery, congratulations.

After my first consultation there was a big gap to the next stage and I put on a stone, not because I was on my “last supper” but just because I’ve been putting on that amount of over the last few years in such a short time. Then recently I tried hard to do it alone again! and lost 17 lbs but again! life has been stress as it always is and without help I’m sure I’ve put on again. Anyway the reason I’m saying this is that I’m sure that people that deal with people with food issues and weight problems would be understanding of gain or loss as long as we are committed to make it work in the long run.

Good luck and hope you continue to lose ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media