Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight loss surgery IS effective: helping patients keep weight off up to 10 yrs

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Weight loss surgery IS effective: helping patients keep weight off up to 10 yrs

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3662969/Weight-loss-surgery-effective-helping-obese-patients-pounds-10-years.html

Hi guys

I saw this on Twitter this morning and thought I would share it.

It’s my 8 year oppiversary next month so I was very interested in it! Luckily, I have managed to maintain my weight loss but it has not been easy. I’m getting older and we all know what that means – everything either goes south or goes slower (or both in my case!)

I think I was very fortunate to not have been a volume eater. I just ate all the wrong things – I have a terrible sweet tooth. My bypass has worked well for me as can make indulging my sweet tooth a very unpleasant experience indeed.

I would say to anyone reading this who is considering weight loss surgery – go for it. I’ts not easy, sometimes it’s no fun and so much more about your life will change along with your weight. Having said that, most of the changes will be positive ones and the rest will be influenced by how you view them. I can’t eat rice or animal protein but missing out on a curry or chilli is a very small price to pay for having lived three more years than was predicted (3-5 years.)

If you need help, just ask for it. Do it for YOU. The only regret I have is that I didn’t have it done sooner 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media