Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight loss on the Milk Diet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

I am comming to the end of day 4 of the milk diet, I have Been 100%. On the diet with no cheating but sofar I have not lost a ounce. Every one else reports weight loss on the milk diet. Am I doing something wrong

I know I am a bit constipated so that might have something to do with it, I am on the second daily dose of Senacot max tablets without any sign of movement, if you get my drift.

So am I doing something wronge or is it possible to not loose weight on the milk diet, or is it just the constipation.

Thanks for any help.

Paul.

Hi Paul , I’m on last day today. First 4 days lost nothing, then about 8 pounds, then 2, then put on one , then nothing for days, then lost 2, then a gap, lost two yesterday, pound on today despite taking laxative last night and being up all night ( if you see what I’m saying?!!) . It’s frustrating but I just keep thinking .. I know I haven’t touched any food and stuck to it religiously.. It’s just my body . Once I’ve had op I’m also gonna keep reminding myself that if I’ve stuck to he diet then it’s gotta come off eventually . Even if it stalls!! Hang in there xxxx

midge

How frustrating for you both, but I imagine it’s fluid levels i’n you body playing up, I have never done the milk diet but perhaps you should really try not to weigh yourselves so often hard I know but might be better for you. Not knowing much about the milk diet, is it so you lose weight before the op or is it more to shrink your liver ……… I think you are both so good to stick to it it must be so hard but I’m sure you will get the answer here
    Good luck and keep up the good work don’t be down about it
    Midge xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Midge and Squeaky are both right. It’s not a good idea to keep werighing yourself and it can take a bit of time to get moving. Constipation was a definite factor for me (this is really crude but after a good emptying of the bowels, your weight can go down by up to 2lbs and even 1/2 lb with a long wee!!) So, try not to worry too much, if you stick to it, it WILL happen. The fact that you ARE sticking to it is a fantastic kick start for your future success too. Just keep on trying (diet and loo!) and you’ll get there 😉

Doodah x

Ganny
    Participant

I must say that when I was on the milk diet I never weighed myself once until I was a week into it and I had lost 13lbs the second week I lost 4lb.I to was constipated and I found milk of magnesia was very gentle on my stomach and shifted what needed to be shifted, if fact even now if I have constipation it is that what I turn to and that soons sorts me out.
    My advice is stop weighing yourself daily as with the increase of your fluid intake and the constipation your weight is going to be all over the place, but don’t worry if you don’t lose a lot of weight, I had a friend who did was on the milk diet and only lost 7lbs over the 2 weeks but it is the fact that it is shrinking your liver and will help the surgeon in your op that matters.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Ganny 21928 wrote:

I must say that when I was on the milk diet I never weighed myself once until I was a week into it and I had lost 13lbs the second week I lost 4lb.I to was constipated and I found milk of magnesia was very gentle on my stomach and shifted what needed to be shifted, if fact even now if I have constipation it is that what I turn to and that soons sorts me out.
    My advice is stop weighing yourself daily as with the increase of your fluid intake and the constipation your weight is going to be all over the place, but don’t worry if you don’t lose a lot of weight, I had a friend who did was on the milk diet and only lost 7lbs over the 2 weeks but it is the fact that it is shrinking your liver and will help the surgeon in your op that matters.
    Elaine xx

Well said Elaine, it IS the shrinking of the liver that is important as that is what helps the surgeon to do his job more easily. It’s very easy to get hung up on the numbers, even to become obsessive but it only serves to fuel anxiety if the numbers are not to your liking. I’m at goal so I only weigh myself once a month. However, I know if I’m up or down a few pounds by my clothes. If my jeans waistband is ‘snug’, I know it’s time to go back to basics: soup, soup, soup! Home made soup is so good for us bariatrics at whatever stage we are on the journey and with Carol Ball’s recipes we need never get bored 😉

Doodah x

charabanc

Hi Doodah,

I am interested as to why soups make such a dent in weight loss, does it depend on the type of soup or not? I don’t understand how it works so well. can you explain for me? I feel there is something I am not getting?

hazelann70

When I had the band in 2001 there was no such thing as the pre op diet. I think that came in around 2002 lol
    I did laugh at you Doodah, I weighted myself on Tues and though “Shit, there’s another 1 1/2 gained” until I literally had one and hey presto, 1 1/2lb of turd later and I’d not gained at all lol Makes you wonder how we can store such an amount and that’s without being constipated so heaven knows how my loo would cope if I didn’t go for a few days. I’d have to beat it down with a stick.

Paul-H
    Participant

Lol been there and done that

In the end I lost 6kg on the milk diet with all that loss being on the last 2 days.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@hazelann70 22404 wrote:

When I had the band in 2001 there was no such thing as the pre op diet. I think that came in around 2002 lol
    I did laugh at you Doodah, I weighted myself on Tues and though “Shit, there’s another 1 1/2 gained” until I literally had one and hey presto, 1 1/2lb of turd later and I’d not gained at all lol Makes you wonder how we can store such an amount and that’s without being constipated so heaven knows how my loo would cope if I didn’t go for a few days. I’d have to beat it down with a stick.

Haha! Nothing like a good ‘turn out’ :-)) I have had to resort to pouring boiled water down the loo to ‘encourage’ a particularly unwelcome guest to leave!! We call them ‘Sittingbourne specials’ in our house as it happened once at Sittingbourne Train station. The utter panic!!! Took ages to get the bugger to depart haha!! Sorry for the poop humour – childish I know but I think it’s better to have a sense of humour about such things.

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media