Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

weight loss – part 2

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy

I know i shouldn’t complain but wondered if anyone else had, had this. I have been losing weight at quite a rapid rate recently. I’m 18 months post op and thought i’d setlled around the 12 1/2 stone mark which i was very pleased with, over the last month i’ve dropped to 11 1/2 stone so a stone in a month. Not sure really what to do! I am eating and this week i’ve eaten a few more naughty’s to see if that would help but still lost 3.5 lbs this week.

Has anyone else had this? will it stop? and should i panic?

Renn

Hi Andy

I can appreciate your concern. I’m nearly 14 mths out and don’t need to lose anymore either. Lost most of my weight in about 7/9 mths but kept regularly losing. Never ever plateaud. Eat well but only what I should have have never dumped or been sick. Felt full at times which necessitated lying down on my side til some wind passed then very soon say 15mins fine again. I eat 3 meals and three snacks everyday and have since hospital. I can eat everything and have a wonderful variety of all colour and types of food. I’ve not tried any naughties as I feel at 62 this is my last chance.
    I suggest you have a word with your GP and the dieticians. They explained to me about eating to stabilise and maintain my weight. I run a website at Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth you can get in touch with me further through that too if you like Andy. I’ve followed you and I empathise with you. Well done on your success. My surgeon and GP wanted me at about 12.7 I’m now 10.12 and have been since 1/4. They are happy with that but don’t want me to go any lower so I keep up my nutrition and watch my weight as I agree. I used to weigh 23.10+ so I’ve lost 13 st. Just proves us losers all have a diff journey doesn’t it. All the best buddy. Are you at the teaparty hope so.

Renn (Madeleine)

Andy

Hi Renn,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately won’t be at tea party as go on hols on the Friday. I know my BMI is still a little high 26.5, but just a bit scary when you lose a stone in a month especially at this stage. To be fair my arthritis has flared up so struggling with that as well, maybe its all linked. I feel gulity when i’m complaining about weight loss, when so many stop losing early on, but as you say everyone has a different journey. Anyway thanks for the support.

Andy x

Fenella
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Renn,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately won’t be at tea party as go on hols on the Friday. I know my BMI is still a little high 26.5, but just a bit scary when you lose a stone in a month especially at this stage. To be fair my arthritis has flared up so struggling with that as well, maybe its all linked. I feel gulity when i’m complaining about weight loss, when so many stop losing early on, but as you say everyone has a different journey. Anyway thanks for the support.

Andy x

Which sort of arthritis do you have Andy? I have RA. And wondered if you do too as you mention flaring up. May I ask if your amazing loss has helped at all? I’m hoping being lighter will make the flare ups easier to cope with…….I’m 7 weeks post bypass so a way to go yet. Best wishes Fee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media