Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight & inch loss!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Weight & inch loss!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    treeza

Went back to Curves today (a ladies only gym for those who don’t know!) got weighed & measured. The numbers I’m going to post are from my heavies they saw me. Sadly I got even heavier after I stopped going!!

Arms – 6.50 inches
    Bust – 7.50 inches
    Waist – 8.75 inches
    Abdomen – 14.50 inches
    Hips – 11.75 inches
    Thighs – 9 inches
    Total loss in inches – 58 inches

I’ve lost 110 pounds 63.63 of which is fat!!! (Not sure what the rest is??).

BMI from 59.55 to 43.92 = 15.63 loss!

Streamline & Mr Chris Pring has not only saved my life but given me a life that’s worth living. There really are no words to express how grateful I am. I also wouldn’t have made it without the help & support from all my friends & family or Doodah, Natalie (soon to be skinny), Katy, Kim, Audra etc etc.

For all you newbies your about to start an amazing journey. I can’t truthfully say it’s all been plain sailing but despite what people say & think this is NOT the easy way out its a life line that we have all had to grab hold of to save our lives.
    I lost Teresa for many many years & she’s start to emerge! I’ve still got a long way to go but I can also now see how far I’ve come :0)x

With love & thanks to you all xxx

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    Went back to Curves today (a ladies only gym for those who don’t know!) got weighed & measured. The numbers I’m going to post are from my heavies they saw me. Sadly I got even heavier after I stopped going!! Arms – 6.50 inches Bust – 7.50 inches Waist – 8.75 inches Abdomen – 14.50 inches Hips – 11.75 inches Thighs – 9 inches Total loss in inches – 58 inches I’ve lost 110 pounds 63.63 of which is fat!!! (Not sure what the rest is??). BMI from 59.55 to 43.92 = 15.63 loss! Streamline & Mr Chris Pring has not only saved my life but given me a life that’s worth living. There really are no words to express how grateful I am. I also wouldn’t have made it without the help & support from all my friends & family or Doodah, Natalie (soon to be skinny), Katy, Kim, Audra etc etc. For all you newbies your about to start an amazing journey. I can’t truthfully say it’s all been plain sailing but despite what people say & think this is NOT the easy way out its a life line that we have all had to grab hold of to save our lives. I lost Teresa for many many years & she’s start to emerge! I’ve still got a long way to go but I can also now see how far I’ve come :0)x With love & thanks to you all xxx

Lovely positive story Treeza, you really help is following in your foot steps! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30440 wrote:

Went back to Curves today (a ladies only gym for those who don’t know!) got weighed & measured. The numbers I’m going to post are from my heavies they saw me. Sadly I got even heavier after I stopped going!!

Arms – 6.50 inches
    Bust – 7.50 inches
    Waist – 8.75 inches
    Abdomen – 14.50 inches
    Hips – 11.75 inches
    Thighs – 9 inches
    Total loss in inches – 58 inches

I’ve lost 110 pounds 63.63 of which is fat!!! (Not sure what the rest is??).

BMI from 59.55 to 43.92 = 15.63 loss!

Streamline & Mr Chris Pring has not only saved my life but given me a life that’s worth living. There really are no words to express how grateful I am. I also wouldn’t have made it without the help & support from all my friends & family or Doodah, Natalie (soon to be skinny), Katy, Kim, Audra etc etc.

For all you newbies your about to start an amazing journey. I can’t truthfully say it’s all been plain sailing but despite what people say & think this is NOT the easy way out its a life line that we have all had to grab hold of to save our lives.
    I lost Teresa for many many years & she’s start to emerge! I’ve still got a long way to go but I can also now see how far I’ve come :0)x

With love & thanks to you all xxx

GULP! It has been an absolute pleasure and I hope it will continue to be so. The wls journey is one that is far easier with good companions and supporters. We are all in this together ;-D

You have made fantastic progress and I know how much it means to you. Now you are inspiring others. It’s a whole little circle of life that isn’t just for Disney!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Wow that’s amazing treza so happy for you , I bet they were stunned by the change and brilliant that you gone back to they gym you skinny girl xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

You know what? You will all have to get used to being ‘normal’ in size again. I’m in my 6th year post op and it still amazes me that other people consider me to be normal! On a plane last year, there was a bit of a jam in the aisle and everyone was having to shimmy past each other. A woman said to me ‘good job we are both slim isn’t it?’ For a split second, I thought she was taking the pee out of me and then I remembered that I am now an average sized person. However, we both is ‘ISH’ at the same time! Haha, still can’t get my head round it!

It is testament to the power of the media that both of us decided in that split second that we were perhaps not slim ENOUGH. What utter nonsense! 6 years previously, I wouldn’t even have been on that plane as I had never done long haul before – it would have been too dangerous from both my own health, and health and safety (I once got moved on a plane for health and safety reasons – I was blocking the escape route slightly.)

Anyway, as usual, I digress! What I’m saying is (or trying to say) is that although your bodies will become ‘normal’ in a relatively short space of time, it will take months even years for your minds to catch up. You must learn to accept praise in the spirit in which it is given. Not easy. You will have to get used to it though and I can think of FAR worse things to have to learn to accept. So Treeza, be ready for the onslaught of praise, compliments, high fives and everything else people will do when they see you for the first time again after wls. and…..lap it up girl 😉

Doodah x

treeza

I love your little tales Doodah! I do still have a way to go but I’m more than half way in 5 months so I’m delighted! I’ve had a variety of reactions! When I was weighed & measured at curves yesterday Rachael the owner was jumping up & down especially when she saw my BMI! Bless her. A couple of nurse friends I haven’t seen since pre op were literally stunned! Another friend kept saying I’d lost her 20 year old daughter! I was so embarrassed & it’s put me off saying to some people! The main thing is I’m happy, my hubby & children are happy & my lovely mom is delighted! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30447 wrote:

I love your little tales Doodah! I do still have a way to go but I’m more than half way in 5 months so I’m delighted! I’ve had a variety of reactions! When I was weighed & measured at curves yesterday Rachael the owner was jumping up & down especially when she saw my BMI! Bless her. A couple of nurse friends I haven’t seen since pre op were literally stunned! Another friend kept saying I’d lost her 20 year old daughter! I was so embarrassed & it’s put me off saying to some people! The main thing is I’m happy, my hubby & children are happy & my lovely mom is delighted! X

I have many to tell Treeza!

Halfway to your goal in five months! Say it out loud to yourself – it’s phenomenal isn’t it? Did you ever think it was possible?

Do NOT be put off telling people. You will be amazed at how interested the general populace is about wls. They only ever see it in the tabloids and on Channel four programmes so to meet someone who is a experiencing it is fascinating to them. It’s wonderful that the people you love the most are so happy for you. It’s such a boost to morale.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30447 wrote:

I have many to tell Treeza!

Halfway to your goal in five months! Say it out loud to yourself – it’s phenomenal isn’t it? Did you ever think it was possible?

Do NOT be put off telling people. You will be amazed at how interested the general populace is about wls. They only ever see it in the tabloids and on Channel four programmes so to meet someone who is a experiencing it is fascinating to them. It’s wonderful that the people you love the most are so happy for you. It’s such a boost to morale.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Say it loud and say it proud Trezza , you are inspirational and it’s fantastic what you achieved . High 5 xx

treeza

Thanks ladies. I saw the mum of one of my little patients today. I’ve been seeing them every 3 to 6 months since she was born. The mum was so sweet & congratulated me but looked like she had tears in her eyes. She’s also has weight problems & in that moment I saw myself 8 months ago at the end of all my reserves. She asked about my surgery & how it was going. She said her & her hubby had talked about her having WLS but her GP wasn’t very supportive. Before she left she just hugged me & cried (so did I!) Oh boy really pulled on my heart strings. It’s hard looking at someone knowing the hurt they feel & being unable to help! I think she’d have the surgery tom if it was offered! I so wish I was rich. All I could do was tell her I’m here if she needs me! Bless her heart x

audrasharon

That is sad for her, but shows just how far you have come! It’s hard when you can only be a shoulder but sometimes that’s enough for that moment. X

Kimberly
    Participant

That’s sound very tough Trezza , but may be your be an inspiration for her . . It’s strange how much as mums we fight for our child that tiger in us ,( well I can only speak for my self ) and we neglect our self . Putting every one else’s needs before our self

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30458 wrote:

That’s sound very tough Trezza , but may be your be an inspiration for her . . It’s strange how much as mums we fight for our child that tiger in us ,( well I can only speak for my self ) and we neglect our self . Putting every one else’s needs before our self

You have hit the nail right on the head Kim. It’s the reason I always say ‘just for once in your life, put yourself first’. Because it is absolutely true. I believe that most obese people have such love for others that they end up neglecting themselves. It is also interesting to see how many are in ‘caring’ professions. Of course, none of this is based on scientific evidence – just what I have witnessed over the years. Parents especially give, give, give but forget how to ask for and accept help.

I so hope that woman manages to get surgery Treeza. My goodness, If I won the Euro lotto this week, I would pay for so many people to have it! £128 million should buy quite a few procedures!

I have just realised as I have re-read this that I have already spent the money on everyone else! I rest my case. It would seem that I have a way to go before I will ever put myself first again! Oh well, I can now live with that as I have been given a second chance 😉

Doodah x

treeza

It just breaks my heart x bless her x when the time is right it will happen for her I’m sure x

Kimberly
    Participant

Hi Trezza
    Talking about losing inches , just got out the bath and realised that the bathe towel went completely around me with out a gap lol that’s a first in years

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media