Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight gain

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Dizzy
    Participant

@treeza 31405 wrote:

Well done Dizzy. Such great determination you’re going to do great x

another 3lbs off this week !!!!

treeza

Yay Dizzy that’s great news honey x you must be feeling great x how’s your fella feeling about it now? Keep up the good work x

audrasharon
    Dizzy wrote:
    another 3lbs off this week !!!!

Well done! Back on track. X

Kimberly
    Participant

Brilliant xx

vix

Well done….. Xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

You have this weight loss mullarky NAILED Dizzy! Well done indeed 😀

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

@Doodah 31524 wrote:

You have this weight loss mullarky NAILED Dizzy! Well done indeed 😀

Doodah x

Not so sure I have Doodah…. im having one of those days when I could eat a scabby horse if it stood still long enough !!!!!! so keeping my self busy… doing really mundane things, like ironing and changing beds…..

vix

Dizzy just a quick question so you count calories or just eat high protein ? Xxx

Dizzy
    Participant

@vix 31625 wrote:

Dizzy just a quick question so you count calories or just eat high protein ? Xxx

Hi ya … I actually keep a tracker as if I was on the Weight Watchers plan…. I work out how many “points ” I am allowed for my height/ weight and allow myself awarded points if I exercise, which I do 5 gtimes a week in the form of swimming 64 lengths which equates to a mile per day….. I am now at a stable weight having lst just over 19 stone since my by pass in June 2010 but trust me I battle every day with the want of a “pig out ” !!!!!!! About 3 weeks ago after a paticurlarly awful few weeks I went rite back to basics and have shed 9lbs since…… its life long this food addiction business !!!!

vix

I go back to solid food this week, I just don’t know if I should stop worrying about cals it seems harder now than it did six years ago xxx

Dizzy
    Participant

@vix 31627 wrote:

I go back to solid food this week, I just don’t know if I should stop worrying about cals it seems harder now than it did six years ago xxx

It is definitely harder for me now… I think it will always be hard !!!! im considering doing the 5 day pouch test but this week im going to avoid anything processed whatsoever and just eat tuna, veg, salad n fruit and a little bit of meat… we shall see !!!!! I will keep you posted…. x

vix

I had a hernia repair and a hockey stick removed on the 28th feb so was on liquids for a while …. Them sloppy n soft …. Lost a lot really quickly I just wanna lose a bit more then stay a steady weight xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@vix 31627 wrote:

My own very PERSONAL opinion of calorie counting is that it is pointless. I have always simply concentrated on nutrition and portion control. However, that works for me – and I am not you. I just feel that calorie counting can lead to obsession about food. again, I reiterate, that is my own personal opinion. If it work for you and you don’t get overly focused then do it. I needed a method that would allow me to only think about what was good for me in the right proportions.

Every other diet is about counting calories – they never worked for me. But it does for many.

Doodah x

Doodah x

vix

I do agree Doodah, I just want to keep everything under control … I wasn’t eating enough protein prior to this last operation, as my partner said I had stuck my head in the sand x

Lauren
    Keymaster

We can only do our best Vix. And then just keep doing it. If only wls were the magic fix the media and everyone else seems to think it is! Life would be so much easier wouldn’t it? So, all we can do is try – every day. It’s tough but so, so worth it. I need to lose a few pounds but have literally been to busy to think about it. What’s the betting that, being so busy and not thinking about it has resulted in me losing a few haha!? My scales are still in a pile of boxes in the garage and I am more than tempted never to unpack them. I honestly think they can make people paranoid.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media