Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight gain

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Dizzy
    Participant

Hi.. im back again and in need o some support….. after shedding 19 stone in total i am more obsessed than ever by the scales and food !!! The control i had i feel has wained and if i dont get a grip on this very slippery slope i can see exactly where it will lead….. bad choices such as a little bit of butter on my jacket spud again, n cheese as well, all the little things that could lead to bigger things are slowly creeping back in… hubby point blankly refuses to let me pin my ” big ” pictures on the fridge n cupboards …

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Dizzy 31265 wrote:

Hi.. im back again and in need o some support….. after shedding 19 stone in total i am more obsessed than ever by the scales and food !!! The control i had i feel has wained and if i dont get a grip on this very slippery slope i can see exactly where it will lead….. bad choices such as a little bit of butter on my jacket spud again, n cheese as well, all the little things that could lead to bigger things are slowly creeping back in… hubby point blankly refuses to let me pin my ” big ” pictures on the fridge n cupboards …

Hi Dizzy nice to hear from you again!

Can I start by saying that a 19st weight loss is utterly tremendous and you should never forget that! You must have worked your butt off – quite literally!

Right, as for regain, it happens. Some people will have a bit of a ‘bounce back’ from their lowest ever weight, as their bodies settle in after wls. However, if you think bad habits are creeping back in then that is what you should be focusing on. Is there anything you can think of that might have prompted it? Are you under a lot of stress?

I would suggest keeping a food diary for a week. That way, you can track where you are being ‘tempted’ to slip. Be really, really honest about what and how you’ re eating and you will more than likely see a pattern. Then you can begin to tackle the triggers.

Is your husband being supportive still? You do not have to answer that but him not allowing you to pin your ‘big’ photos on the fridge might mean more than it seems? maybe a sit down honest chat about it all might be a good idea?

Please let us know how things are going. But more importantly, please DO NOT forget just how far you have come.

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Doodah… its good to be back !! Hubby is still somewhat shell shocked, especially since i passed my driving test in December and he sees even less of me…. he just says “please dont put those on there, they are awful !”… i keep one on the wall at work n often need reminding of how far i have come.. i know just what i am doing wrong and what i need to do to rectify it but i honestly think ive setteled into a pattern of 1 day good n 2 days bad again…. i am doing my food diary again and have upped the exercise where possible, mind you i dont seem to sit down much any way……

Lauren
    Keymaster

Cripes, I can’t believe he said the pics were awful! Him being shell shocked sounds like he is not entirely happy with the new you? Are you feeling under pressure as that could be making you return to bad habits. Don’t feel guilty about your new active life now that you have it – remember – it’s YOUR life. I’ve added a few pounds recently as I’ve had to go on steroids but you know what – only I have noticed!! I hope you don’t feel I’m being too personal but maybe your husband might be a bit jealous? You now have your whole life ahead of you and can achieve anything. Your weight loss has proved that.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Be kind to yourself in fact. Make a plan, make sure you can make it work and try it. Just keep trying. And make sure your loved ones know how important it is to you. If you need the pics up – put them up. Your husband doesn’t have to look at them!

Anyway, that’s just what I would do lol! Have you thought about attending a support group? They really help!

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

@Doodah 31269 wrote:

Cripes, I can’t believe he said the pics were awful! Him being shell shocked sounds like he is not entirely happy with the new you? Are you feeling under pressure as that could be making you return to bad habits. Don’t feel guilty about your new active life now that you have it – remember – it’s YOUR life. I’ve added a few pounds recently as I’ve had to go on steroids but you know what – only I have noticed!! I hope you don’t feel I’m being too personal but maybe your husband might be a bit jealous? You now have your whole life ahead of you and can achieve anything. Your weight loss has proved that.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Be kind to yourself in fact. Make a plan, make sure you can make it work and try it. Just keep trying. And make sure your loved ones know how important it is to you. If you need the pics up – put them up. Your husband doesn’t have to look at them!

Anyway, that’s just what I would do lol! Have you thought about attending a support group? They really help!

Doodah x

.. I think es a lil bit insecure these days, which isnt always a bad thing !! Trust me i know how that used to feel…. i will go home n stick the pictures up n let you know his reaction !!!! it really is all about a plan thats doable isnt it ?! xxxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Dizzy 31271 wrote:

.. I think es a lil bit insecure these days, which isnt always a bad thing !! Trust me i know how that used to feel…. i will go home n stick the pictures up n let you know his reaction !!!! it really is all about a plan thats doable isnt it ?! xxxxx

It really is. Small milestones add up to a whole new path.

cannot wait to hear what his reaction is lol!

Doodah x

treeza

Dizzy 19 stone is amazing! Wow how inspirational is that. I’m 7 months post bypass & 2 pounds off 10 stone lost! :0)x I’ve still got a way to go & hearing your story is really inspirational. Looking at old photos is a tricky one! When I look at mine & I have to say I do it regularly it sort of gets me down as I feel disgusted that I allowed myself to get to that stage before seeking help. I find looking at pictures of myself now more encouraging because I’m starting to see the real me emerge & that’s what spurs me on. Obviously we are all individuals so this may not be the same in your case. I think what I’ve learnt since having surgery is to do what is right for you! Other people especially those you love are important but we need to be a bit selfish for once. I think a lot of us got to where we were because we always thought of others first. Sorry to of waffled on x take care x

Dizzy
    Participant

@treeza 31275 wrote:

Dizzy 19 stone is amazing! Wow how inspirational is that. I’m 7 months post bypass & 2 pounds off 10 stone lost! :0)x I’ve still got a way to go & hearing your story is really inspirational. Looking at old photos is a tricky one! When I look at mine & I have to say I do it regularly it sort of gets me down as I feel disgusted that I allowed myself to get to that stage before seeking help. I find looking at pictures of myself now more encouraging because I’m starting to see the real me emerge & that’s what spurs me on. Obviously we are all individuals so this may not be the same in your case. I think what I’ve learnt since having surgery is to do what is right for you! Other people especially those you love are important but we need to be a bit selfish for once. I think a lot of us got to where we were because we always thought of others first. Sorry to of waffled on x take care x

Treeza, im still learning to be selfish and a few people around me are still shocked at this… hey ho….. i am going home to put my pictures back up n sod wat hubby says !!!!!!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

YAY! Go Dizzy! That’s what I like to hear.

I have to admit that when I look at old pics of me, all I feel is real sorrow for the person in them. She looks so unwell. The pain is all over her face.

See, I even talk about myself as if it was someone else! Treeza is right about us finding it hard to put ourselves first. It takes a lot of practice believe me. Some people think you have changed and they would be right – we are no longer doormats and we value ourselves more. Now, if they don’t like it: jog them on or see less of them if you can’t do that! Harsh but fair in my humble opinion! If they don’t value the new you, it might be because they don’t have the lion’s share of the power anymore.

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

Pictures are up Doodah !!!!! no negative comments as yet…..

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Dizzy 31281 wrote:

Pictures are up Doodah !!!!! no negative comments as yet…..

Fantastic Dizzy! Round one to you! Ding Ding – next…. 😉

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

Round 2 to me Doodah… i lost 4lbs this week… keeping check on me food intake and upping the swimming …..

vix

Fantastic 4lbs down loud cheer from me xxxxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Dizzy 31355 wrote:

Round 2 to me Doodah… i lost 4lbs this week… keeping check on me food intake and upping the swimming …..

YAY! Go Dizzy, Go Dizzy!! I’m so happy for you. Congratulations xxx

Doodah x

treeza

Well done Dizzy. Such great determination you’re going to do great x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media