Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Weight Gain… 6 years on

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dizzy
    Participant

I had my by pass almost 7 years ago.. and shed a massive 16 odd stone…. in the last 2 years i have put on 4 stone…. as we speak i am busy doing the milk diet again 2 days on and 5 days off weekly as am sure my pouch is stretched and i need a reminder of how small an amount we can actually exist on….. am i the only 1 who has had to reign herself in like this ?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Dizzy

Firstly, well done on a massive 16st loss! That’s an incredible achievement!

Secondly, you are not alone in this. It isn’t common but neither is it unknown for people to ‘bounce’ back some weight after several years. Doing the pouch test is a good way to go back to basics, as is keeping a food diary, using a portion plate and upping physical activity.

I would also suggest asking your GP to refer you back to a dietitian. Our nutritional needs change the further post op we are, and indeed, the older we get!

Please don’t beat yourself up as it doesn’t solve anything and will just make you miserable. After your wonderful achievement, you should still be feeling proud of yourself. Also, you have asked for help and advice – proof that you are not giving up. Anyone who thinks the wls journey is easy really doesn’t know that they are talking about do they?

Keep in touch and be kind to yourself.

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

i am seeing a dietician once a month…. doing the milk diet 2 days a week n actually am better on those days than the ones when i eat…. i swim 5 days a week n am too old n knackered to do any more !!! it helps not to feel alone, thank u xxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi again, Dizzy.

I absolutely loved the milk diet! It really suited my OCD tendencies lol. Nothing to go wrong and only three ingredients. Perfect for someone who likes order and simplicity. It’s just a shame that we can’t live on it.

How brilliant that you swim 5 times a week. Well done for having the determination to do it, especially in this awful weather. Nothing worse than coming from a nice, warm pool to going outside in the freezing cold with wet hair. I take my hat off to you.

You sound like you have everything under control again. We will never get back the ‘honeymoon phase’ of losing a stone a month, and we shouldn’t want to really. If i need to lose some weight, I’m quite happy with a pound a week now. I put on 7-10 pounds every Winter due to high doses of steroids I take for my asthma but it has always gone again in the Summer when I don’t need the high doses anymore. Realistic goals are the key in my humble opinion. I have a tiny frame and should be about 9st max. That is never going to happen! I’m just glad to be alive and still be 15st down on my original weight. You should feel very proud of what you have achieved and that you are making the right moves to get back to where you want to be. WELL DONE 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media