Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Week post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mands

Hi Guys

Just a couple of general questions really ….

when can i take these horrible tight green surgical stockings off, i was told 1 week by one person at the hospital and 2 weeks by another at the hospital … anyone advise ?

the port … this is for bandsters obviously lol … do you always feel a slight pull there on the muscle or does it eventually settle down and u dont feel it anymore ?

lastly … wind !!! …. OMG seriously … i have never burped or farted as much as i do now and excuse the pun for the gents on here but they are like man burps and farts i could go into competition lol … on a serious note i always have the feeling of wind being trapped somewhere in my body all the time, is this normal or does it too calm down and go away … im drinking actimel every day and taking wind settlers to help.

Would appreciate some answers please

Thanks all

Love always … Mands xxx

natalieyoung

I took the socks off when I left the hospital. The wind does ease don’t worry I never get any indigestion now but I do belch a lot. The port will heal u will have a bit of pain still when getting up or down but it does go away completely. I don’t even notice it’s there now.

Mands

@natalieyoung 27632 wrote:

I took the socks off when I left the hospital. The wind does ease don’t worry I never get any indigestion now but I do belch a lot. The port will heal u will have a bit of pain still when getting up or down but it does go away completely. I don’t even notice it’s there now.

Natalie thanks for that bit about the port, it has been sore today and made me feel really down, i was worrying that i would always feel that tugging pain and general ache there … you have made me refocus thank you xxx

natalieyoung

Your welcome Mands. I thought that the pain would always be there and when I was carrying my daughter it really hurt but it is completely gone! It’s amazing how quickly the pain goes and you forget it.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Just a bit of ‘official’ stuff now – if you take off the stockings before the amount of time recommended to you by a clinician, you have absolutely no comeback if you should develop a DVT in the future. This is the reason I have to wear mine for 6 WEEKS after any surgery. I’m not trying to rain on your parade at all, just wanted you to know the official stance.

Having said that, I’m sure they over-estimate everything! I love how you are all supporting each other (fellow bandsters) and making the journey more bearable for each other ;-))

Doodah x

Mands

Hi Doodah

I took mine off a week post op .. i was told a week by one person in hospital and 2 weeks by another … im still doing the jabs lol finally finish them tomorrow thankfully!

AM now loving the band …. never thought i would say that lol and i dont know what Shaw Somers reads on here but i would love to be able to thank him xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Mands

Doing that last injection is like a badge of honour isn’t it haha? ‘I survived daily injections for two weeks’. It really is a milestone.

I’m not sure how much Shaw Somers reads on here either to be honest. Streamline’s surgeons are very interested in what happens to their patients post surgery, whether private or NHS, but I will say this – the best way to thank him would be to make the surgery work for you and go on to lead a happy, healthy life.

Doodah x

Mands

i will definitely try my hardest to do that Doodah, im already fitting into clothes that were too tight and other clothes just sit better on me …. hopefully start swimming next week xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I LOVE hearing that! One of my friends has reached one of her milestones already (since Christmas) and I’m as happy for her (and all you guys) as I ever was for myself. Not only can she wear clothes that had become too tight again, but her health is already improved. I’m double happy about that as it means she will live longer and I get to be with her for a longer time
    :-))

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media