Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Week 3 – feeling hungry now!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lornaburg

I’ve been doing really well. Been having liquids for 2 weeks and found it really easy.

The minute I’m told I can move onto puree my body (or head) decides it’s really hungry and I want to eat everything in the fridge. I’m trying my best not to but I feel I could eat for England.

Did anyone else feel like this? Is it normal? Will it go away?

Maybe it’ bandster hell kicking in. I suppose it’s that inbetween time of the stomach being swollen and now being healed and 5 weeks before the first fill.

I think I’ll have to go to bed soon to get out of the way of temptation.

Nettie

I can remember the time between having my band op and having my first fill very well, I remember one night eating a whole pizza and asking myself if I’d really had the op!!! I had my first fill at 6 weeks you need to use will power alone for a while coming up to that first fill and maybe for a while after as well until you get more restriction, I tell you something though I’d kill for a slice of pizza now but there is no way that baby would go down so wouldn’t even attempt it! Good luck.

Nettie xx

lornaburg

Do you ever get a sharp pain in the back, under your shoulder blade. Is that the band’s way of saying I’ve eaten too much?

Nettie

Yes in the early days I used to feel it in my back but now its in my chest be aware of it though as gall bladder probs can sometimes give you a pain that goes through to your back.

Nettie xx

@lornaburg 23476 wrote:

I’ve been doing really well. Been having liquids for 2 weeks and found it really easy.

The minute I’m told I can move onto puree my body (or head) decides it’s really hungry and I want to eat everything in the fridge. I’m trying my best not to but I feel I could eat for England.

Did anyone else feel like this? Is it normal? Will it go away?

Maybe it’ bandster hell kicking in. I suppose it’s that inbetween time of the stomach being swollen and now being healed and 5 weeks before the first fill.

I think I’ll have to go to bed soon to get out of the way of temptation.

I know what you mean, I never really had the temptation to eat for england but the way I got around it was to have a treat at the weekend. Was really discplined in the week. That way your head thinks your not starving yourself or not being able to have nice things. it worked for me as I justworked to ensure that I just maintained he weight loss after surgery. I agree going to bed helps keep temptation out the way, thats what I dod or kept myself busy. Xxxx

keep goint it is all worth it as you get on them scales and see the weight decreasing xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@SamVaughan3604 23486 wrote:

I know what you mean, I never really had the temptation to eat for england but the way I got around it was to have a treat at the weekend. Was really discplined in the week. That way your head thinks your not starving yourself or not being able to have nice things. it worked for me as I justworked to ensure that I just maintained he weight loss after surgery. I agree going to bed helps keep temptation out the way, thats what I dod or kept myself busy. Xxxx

keep goint it is all worth it as you get on them scales and see the weight decreasing xx

Fantastic advice Sam. We have ‘treat’ day in our house too – a Saturday (to coincide with football!) Funnily enough though, my treats now include things like luxury yoghurts or exotic fruits instead of a family bar of whole nut and a box of french fancies to myself!! Like you say, if you have the odd treat you don’t feel like you are being ‘punished’.

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media