Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Waiting Time

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

How long have recent gastric bypass patients had to wait from getting the go ahead at St Richards Hospital MDT appointment to actually having their operation please?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 32989 wrote:

How long have recent gastric bypass patients had to wait from getting the go ahead at St Richards Hospital MDT appointment to actually having their operation please?

Hi Lelly

I had mine done 6 years ago so don’t quote me on it, but, It took about a month from Seeing Shaw Somers to having my bypass. However, I was a poorly woman with lots of health issues and had a BMI of 64.

I’m sure one of the newer members on here will put you right.

The waiting is the hardest part isn’t it?

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

It was about 3 months with mine but that was nearly 3 years ago now.

They told me 3 months at the MDT meeting and it was almost to the day, which was much better than the first surgeon I was refered to who had a 2 year waiting list, I kid you not.

Paul

Lelly

Three months would be lovely or even sooner but probably expecting a lot :O)

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 33008 wrote:

Hi

It was about 3 months with mine but that was nearly 3 years ago now.

They told me 3 months at the MDT meeting and it was almost to the day, which was much better than the first surgeon I was refered to who had a 2 year waiting list, I kid you not.

Paul

TWO YEARS?! I think I would have cried if I had been told that!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33009 wrote:

Three months would be lovely or even sooner but probably expecting a lot :O)

Fingers crossed that it is no longer than that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 33010 wrote:

TWO YEARS?! I think I would have cried if I had been told that!

Doodah x

Cried, I would have felt like ending it all :O)

Lelly

@Doodah 33011 wrote:

Fingers crossed that it is no longer than that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

3 months or sooner would be heaven, 1 week to go before assessment day, fingers and everything else crossed x

Kimberly
    Participant

Lelly getting the funding seems to be the hardest part , and once approved that amazing . From then on you know it’s going to happen . It would be wonderful to have it in three months . Especially as this nasty weather hopefully will have past . This will give you time to read up on everything prepare your self physically and mentally for surgery . If you can make a support group that would also be good ( getting tips from others ) . I know I had lots if great advice from here . Sugar free syrups . Getting physically fit prior to surgery . And the emotional support really helped . So excited for you

Lelly

@Kimberly 33014 wrote:

Lelly getting the funding seems to be the hardest part , and once approved that amazing . From then on you know it’s going to happen . It would be wonderful to have it in three months . Especially as this nasty weather hopefully will have past . This will give you time to read up on everything prepare your self physically and mentally for surgery . If you can make a support group that would also be good ( getting tips from others ) . I know I had lots if great advice from here . Sugar free syrups . Getting physically fit prior to surgery . And the emotional support really helped . So excited for you

Thanks Kimberly, I worry as I have heard that people have been refused on the day of their assessment and that is freaking me out. I am mentally ready for wls but yes do need to focus on the physical side but like most, I am in that catch 22 where I need to exercise but I am too big to do so arghh! x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33015 wrote:

Thanks Kimberly, I worry as I have heard that people have been refused on the day of their assessment and that is freaking me out. I am mentally ready for wls but yes do need to focus on the physical side but like most, I am in that catch 22 where I need to exercise but I am too big to do so arghh! x

Kim is absolutely spot on with her advice. Use the time you have to wait wisely. Getting as fit and healthy as you can before surgery will help you immensely after it and the more involved you get in doing just that, the quicker the time will fly. It really is a win:win situation, Lelly!

We all have everything crossed for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 33019 wrote:

Kim is absolutely spot on with her advice. Use the time you have to wait wisely. Getting as fit and healthy as you can before surgery will help you immensely after it and the more involved you get in doing just that, the quicker the time will fly. It really is a win:win situation, Lelly!

We all have everything crossed for you ๐Ÿ™‚
    Doodah x

Thanks Doodah, I most certainly will try, I am trying to lose some weight and doing some research on things that I will need later if all goes well. Sugar free Crusha milkshake mix and pots to freeze little meals when I make casseroles and cottage and fish pies etc. My hubby bought me a Vitamix, which will come into it’s own for pureeing and soup making. I have one day left at work and then Wednesday our dogs go into kennels and we leave for Chichester on Thursday, appointment Friday and we are staying Friday night at the hotel as well, hopefully as a celebration, fingers crossed!!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33021 wrote:

Thanks Doodah, I most certainly will try, I am trying to lose some weight and doing some research on things that I will need later if all goes well. Sugar free Crusha milkshake mix and pots to freeze little meals when I make casseroles and cottage and fish pies etc. My hubby bought me a Vitamix, which will come into it’s own for pureeing and soup making. I have one day left at work and then Wednesday our dogs go into kennels and we leave for Chichester on Thursday, appointment Friday and we are staying Friday night at the hotel as well, hopefully as a celebration, fingers crossed!!!

You sound fabulously organised Lelly! Our lovely Streamliner has a Vitamix and swears by hers. I was bought one but my arthritic hands were not having any of it – I couldn’t even get the lid off to put ingredients in so it had to go back! There is a Vitamix group on Facebook you should join – squillions of fab recipes and ideas.

I hope with all my heart that your trip to Chichester turns out to be a wonderful celebration for you. PLEASE let us know how you get on!

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 33024 wrote:

You sound fabulously organised Lelly! Our lovely Streamliner has a Vitamix and swears by hers. I was bought one but my arthritic hands were not having any of it – I couldn’t even get the lid off to put ingredients in so it had to go back! There is a Vitamix group on Facebook you should join – squillions of fab recipes and ideas.

I hope with all my heart that your trip to Chichester turns out to be a wonderful celebration for you. PLEASE let us know how you get on!

Doodah x

I most certainly will lovely lady, I will be devastated if it all goes pear shaped xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Another day closer, Lelly ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media