Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Waiting List Times St Richards

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I’m a newbie. I am lucky enough to have just been told I have funding for my revision (band to Bypass).
    I called St Richards to see what the waiting time was but the lady didn’t know and said I’d need to wait for Mr S to be back next week

As I’m an impatient donkey who just needs to know does anyone have any ideas as to how the long the wait is from funding (i live in W Sussex). I don’t actually mind how long it is I just want to get an idea so I can mentall prepare myself !!

Thanks

SFB

ANN410

Hi , I think it depends on urgency , from my 1st visit to st Richards there was a group of about 6 of us , one I know of got his bypass within a few months , others have waited up to 6 months , my wait was about 4 months ( went in may) but due to complications surgery was stopped , I’m back in on 14th dec to hopefully get bypass by shaw sommers ,

luckyflower

Hi FSB, welcome and pleased you have funding. Sorry can not help you as I am self funding and so op is on a date I have chosen. Sure someone will be along in min who can help

ruby tuesday

Sorry fruitbat, I doubt anyone can answer that, the people who have had pct funded ops for initial surgery are in a different position to you having revision surgery, and it all comes down to Mr Summers surgery scheduling, and I think you will have to try his secretary again when he is back. best wishes.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@ruby tuesday 19985 wrote:

Sorry fruitbat, I doubt anyone can answer that, the people who have had pct funded ops for initial surgery are in a different position to you having revision surgery, and it all comes down to Mr Summers surgery scheduling, and I think you will have to try his secretary again when he is back. best wishes.

What Ruby said!!

So pleased you have your funding though. Try to be patient: you will need to be with a bypass!!!

Doodah x

Cool thanks guys
    I was windering if revision was a bit different as friends who had primary surgery had to do some stuff I’m not sure I will have to – like decied on type of surgery !!

I’ll just hang on ! and call next week ! xx

Ok I just got a questionaire in the post to fill in. What a lot of scary questions !!!!!

Pietre

Ann, i am so glad you have a date to get your bypass done at last. After my wait to get my sleep disorder sorted, I had mine on 22nd Sept. I met up with Justin, who was at the assesment with us, and he has so far lost over 8 stone. Wish you all the best. I have my first weigh in on 1st Nov at Loxwood.
    @ANN410 19977 wrote:

Hi , I think it depends on urgency , from my 1st visit to st Richards there was a group of about 6 of us , one I know of got his bypass within a few months , others have waited up to 6 months , my wait was about 4 months ( went in may) but due to complications surgery was stopped , I’m back in on 14th dec to hopefully get bypass by shaw sommers ,

ANN410

Well done pietre , I don’t remember Justin, I’m terrible for names , I’m friends with cris. On Facebook , he has done fab , he was the 1st one in our group to have it done , can’t wait to see his story on FAT DRS should be on tv soon , the film crew went out to Spain ( cris works as singer in bars& hotels) to finish the last bit of his Weight loss journey , will let you no when it’s on tv , x x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi, I am also at the early stages of waiting for my opp at st Richards, I was told the waiting list was 18 weeks, if true I am 3 weeks into mine.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

I really does vary. So many things have to be taken into consideration. I was very poorly so had mine after about 4 weeks. Barely enough time to think about it really!! I had done huge amounts of research in that time so that I was fully prepared for what lay ahead. I think the average is about 3-4 months? I had mine 3.5 years ago so it could be different…

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media