Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Vomiting and Nausea

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Vomiting and Nausea

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Glad to here the prognosis was pretty much what we expected…
    Its not to say dont try chicken again, it will go down nicely a little later just not yet…. anything that might be dry or congeal together might be a problem for a few days, just be cautious and things will get back to normal…

A nasty experience, but a warning sign and a good reminder for us….

I frothed for about a week…even on coffee. hopefully you will be a lot less in recovery… venture on sweetheart, just be careful and give your pounch a litle time to recover, remember the insides take longer to heal and can be agrivated very easily…..awwww. bless….

Buzz xx

Helen

Last night I did call the NHS Direct people up. They called back this morning about 8:30 this morning. The chap I spoke to was bloody bloody bloody useless. Apart from knowing what a bariatric operation and Gastric Bypass is. He didn’t know anything about the aftercare and the pain I was in.

I am still feeling weak and flop. It feels as if things are getting worse then getting better!!!

I don’t mean this the way it sounds. Sometimes I wish I had not had the operation. But I know I am pleased I have had the operation. It is one of those things, you want to run before you can walk etc….

A few moments of disappointment, is nothing for a few weeks, when it is going to change your life forever and ever….

karenb

Oh poor you xxxx.
    Sounds really horrible and quite frightening. I do hope this passes real soon for you Helen. Least you know what caused it and in time im sure you will be able to eat chicken……I love chicken! As you said, it will all be worth it and the rewards will follow soon. Sending you big big huggs and hope you are feeling better to Mandi, huggs for you to xxxx.

Helen

I have just had a lazy day. I think I will have several lazy days. I am still feeling weak. My throat going down to my stomach is feeling tender and sore. I haven’t eaten too much today. Several youghurts and some cold baked beans (good fibre). I am going to take it easy.

Which is quite good, as the European Figure Skating has started today, so I am spending my time wisely and watching it. On Eurosport.

Pinkdancer

Hi,

Poor you, seems like you have really been through the mill with the dumping. I was not taking the Lansoprazole as couldn’t face it when feeling sick anyway and hate the taste but now just take like a tablet and swallow down with water and that seems to also be helping.

I have really gone back to basics and mine seems to have settled down, I did get some little pouches of Heinz puree apple & mango ( baby food section in Tesco) which are just fruit and vit c and they were great slid down lovely. Also will be a great snack for me to chuck in my bag as small sealed packets and no refrigeration required.

I think I will have to start a list for all the dairy free people as finding snacks can be a problem for us as it all relies so heavily on dairy products.

Hang in there and take it easy and before long you will be doing yoru very own triple toe loops and spins 🙂 x

Helen

I am feeling a bit better today. But feeling tired and worn-out. I still got very sore lips. As it looks like I am wearing lovely bright red lipstick!!!!!! Been putting on loads of vaseline lip and vitamin E intense cream round my mouth and lips to try and soften them up. Been eating yogurts again to day. My new stomach still feels very sore and tender. So I am still going to take things slowly for a few more days….

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Guys

I have another concern. Has anyone else suffered from bouts of dizzyness. I keep geting really lightheaded, especially if I feel I should hurry up and do something quickly and it’s accompanied by nauseia, but, what’s really worrying me is the dizziness, when I’m sitting down, I just have to move my head something and the world goes round.

Am I not eating enough?

Help

Lesley
    xxx:mmph:

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    I get this sometimes, I have a feeling it is your blood sugar dropping and you need to have a snack. On Saturday I had been out shopping and was just about home when I came over lightheaded, as soon as I got in and had something to eat I was fine so I put it down to blood sugar level so the moral of that is to take a snack with me when I know I am going to be out a while, hope that helps.
    Elaine xx

miss missy

i get a momement of lightheadness sometimes when i bend down then get up again.it only lasts a second.i think its to do with sugar levels too.xxx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi guys

Thanks for the advice, it’s good to know that I’m ‘normal’. How you getting on Elaine.

Love
    Lesley
    xx

Helen

yup, sounds like you need to eat somthing. I’m seventeen weeks post-op and i occassionally get lightheaded. It is definally your suger levels getting low. As before I had my op, i was dreadful. I would eat once a day and i would get light headed, especailly if i had been out all day. But make sure you’ve got a biscuit/cracker with you to nibble on.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Helen

Thanks for the advice, I’m going to make sure I have some crackers permanently in my bag from now on, having had vertigo I don’t want that feeling again if I can help it.

Thanks again.

Love
    Lesley
    xx

hazelann70

I’ve also heard it’s sometimes down to not drinking enough. I have been getting it quite a bit this week, especially as I’ve had to re-fill all my base units in my new kitchen – each time I’ve crouched down to do something and then got up I’ve had to put my head down below heart level to regain normality again. This would figure as it’s been so warm this week and none of us drink enough I would guess so that theory seems possible as well as low blood sugar.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    I am doing really well, just gone on to eating crunchy stuff and loving it some much more, got so fed up with mashed. The weight is coming off, lost another 4lbs this week which is great, it seems to have settled at 4lbs a week but I can handle that and people are beginning to notice now even the other half has commented on my shape, had to go into smaller tops as it seems to be coming off from the head down but I do seem to have a waist appearing which is nice and I am going to have dig out my smaller knickers as it is getting slightly embrassing keep having to pull mine up lol.
    Elaine xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Elaine

I know the feeling, I was however a little disapointed yesterday, went to M&S at Westwood for a bra fitting, as they are all getting a bit baggy, and I’m between sizes, thought I’d gone down at least a couple of sizes, but hohum, the knickers are definetly getting smaller, I’m already gone down a size, good job I didnt’ throw those smaller sizes out before isn’t it and I have a waist, just wish the tummy would go down now, nobody seems to have noticed, except hubby and daughter but work know I was in hospital, but don’t know what for so they probably think my weight loss is a result of that, which it is but they don’t know that.

I have taken the advice and put crackers in a small food bag in my handbag each day, then at least I have something to snack on and the dizziness seems to be getting better, just have to remember now to move too quickly, it seems to get worse if I’m rushing, and then there’s the nausea. Still it’s all part of life’s rich tapestry!!!

Take care honey and we’ll definitely get together after the bank holidays for that coffee, or water….

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media