Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

vitamins

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

Can someone who has had the bypass pls tell me the vitamins u take daily please, ie multi, calcium?!? My doc didn’t really have a clue today, sent me home with 2 weeks of a vitamin…on box it says vitamin d ?! Xxx just bit confused lol :/

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

All I take is one Forceval a day, anything extra should normaly only be taken if blood tests show any deficiencies. Although saying that Women of a cirtain age might need to add Calsium especially if there is a family history of osteoporosis.

The minimum is the one multivitamin a day, Forceval is on of the best.

Check with you team, they should have given you a list of what’s needed.

Paul

lisac2012

Thankyou. Iv got a vitamin to take 1 , 3 times a day. Gp is calling my team x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Always best to call the team as some people (especially women) need more than a multi vitamin and mineral tablet can give.

I take extra vitamin D as I don’t get much sun and extra calcium because I am a lady of a ‘certain age’ lol! I take Sanatogen Gold which is prescribed by my GP. Did you know you can buy a pre-payment prescription certificate Lisa? If you need to take medications regularly (I take nine a day – mostly to do with my asthma and arthritis) it works out SO much cheaper especially as the govt have just put the charges up again to almost £8 per item. Will put the link below.

Keep up the fantastically good work sweetheart x

Help With Health Costs Help with Health Costs NHS Business Services Authority

Doodah x

lisac2012

Yeah need to work out exactly what I need to be taking, my team told me to buy some vit d dlux 1000 spray as well. So thats on its way…my doctor didn’t really have a clue. Thanks for the link hun xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Your’e welcome – you big loser ;-)) Haha! That still makes me laugh. People outside our wls community think we are being really rude to each other when in fact it’s the highest compliment.

Doodah x

lisac2012

Lol yeah I been called that about 10 times in the last 24 hours 🙂 xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Believe me, you will never get tired of it. wait till they start calling you skinny Minnie 🙂

Doodah x

lisac2012

Iv had that lol !! And tiny tum 😉 xx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

A quick update to what I posted above.

Just got back from my final appointment at St Richards and have been told that they are now going to recomend that everyone goes onto Vit D in addition to their multivitamin. D-Lux 1000 spray is what they recomended to me as well, or Sunkissed from Holland & Barrett.

That’s everyone regardless of what your blood tests are showing.

Paul.

lisac2012

Yeah I got mine from amazon for £5.36 xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 27905 wrote:

Hi all

A quick update to what I posted above.

Just got back from my final appointment at St Richards and have been told that they are now going to recomend that everyone goes onto Vit D in addition to their multivitamin. D-Lux 1000 spray is what they recomended to me as well, or Sunkissed from Holland & Barrett.

That’s everyone regardless of what your blood tests are showing.

Paul.

That’s brilliant, thanks for that Paul. I’m on Pro D3 25000. They are literally like gunshot shells! And bright neon turquoise so I dread what the E numbers might do to me.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Just got back from my local Holland & Barrett and they are doing the D-Lux 1000 spray on a buy one get one at half price so about £5 each.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

You’re amazing Paul!!

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Another option found.

Boots do a 25ug D tablet that is around £5 for a 3 month supply and they are very small for those who struggle with larger tablet.

Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media