Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Vitamins and Minerals: FAQ

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Vitamins and Minerals: FAQ

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    SJ

@Doodah 17634 wrote:

It’s my humble opinion that GP surgeries will need to learn pretty darned fast about how wls patients should be monitered post op: in 20 years time, everyone will be obese if something isn’t done about it soon. Thus far, wls is the only solution that is truly effective long term, which is risible considering there is a multi BILLION pound/dollar ‘diet’ industry world wide.

Thanks, that’s got that off my chest!!

I quite agree doodah, but I think the GP’s need to be educated as to what is required because most don’t know. I gave mine a very detailed leaflet (which I sourced myself) which she always uses, otherwise all she got from the hospital was a letter saying I needed to take multi vits and have annual blood tests (not even listing which ones!). Thankfully (although not so great as I have been so ill to need one) I have an endocrinologist who has stepped in with far more help. There is so much varied info online, different hospitals vary in their advice, so there really needs to be a proper information fact sheet for GP’s giving them (and us) everything we need to know to prepare us for life post wls.

Anonymous

So B12 defiecient is a long term condition and not necessarily related to GBS, but probally progressed quicker.. or so I have reasearched….
    Thing to consider here is, whilst. YES we can forget foods, we dont digest anywhere near as much as we did, DIET is so very important to avoid these unecessary conditions….

Blood tests find the problem, tablets and injections help resolve but then its a lot down to diet…

Convieniance eating, forgetting to eat, and not concentrating on what your eating is my own doing, so now I need to step it up a little…..

Hopefully a referal to a dieticain who understands or who can advise will help…..

Dont forget your greens………

Buzz xx

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media