Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Visit to Harrow

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    johncg

I all,
    Got a visit to Harrow next Monday morning for a routine check up… Might need a slight amount of juice in my band….. Weight loss seems to have slowed down.

Im still very pleased with results and very glad I had the op….

New wardrobe has cost a few bob, but worth it… Saw a guy eating a full english yesterday and would have loved to ordered one, but I might as well tipped it straight down the toilet Coss that’s where it would have ended up…..

Hope you Banders are all ok and remember if you only lose 1oz a week it’s better than 1oz gained a week,,, slow little but as the wife says ” often”

Chin up take care love you all

Love John xxxxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi John, nice to hear from you again.

I know that when our weight loss starts to slow down it can feel like we are ‘failing’ but how can we be when we have lost so much in the first place?!

I remember when I hit the 12st lost mark, my weight loss started to slow down and it even stopped for a while. The intial euphoria of losing massive numbers every month was addictive but I had a ruddy good talking to myself and reminded myself that I had has lost what my surgeon weighed!! 12st!! If I had never lost another pound, I would still have lost the equivalent of a normal, healthy human male! So, I resigned myself to the fact that I would remain at the weight I had reached and thanked the good lord that I was so much more comfortable and my blood pressure was normal again.

Anyway, I coasted along feeling pretty darned pleased with things then all of a sudden, my jeans started getting loose. I weighed myself and I had lost 8lbs. Just out of nowhere! I then went on to lose a further 2.7st!! Total weight loss just over 15st. My body had decided to take a little holiday from losing weight and came back full of vim and vigour to get a few more stones off!

So, even though I would have been cock-a-hoop happy to have lost 12 stones, I was delighted beyond belief to lose some more. I have maintained my weight for almost 2.5 years now (with the odd fluctuation for menopause!) and couldn’t be happier. I’m the same dress size now as I was at 18 years old (wish everything was all in the same place though!!) and have never wanted to be stick thin. Our bodies sometimes stop at the weight we are meant to be so why should we question that? Mother nature knows best in my humble opinion.

Sorry for the ramble but I just wanted to agree with your statement that it’s better to lose an ounce than gain one. Hope the fill goes ok John and that you reach the weight you want to be.

Doodah x

midge

Doodah you have done so well how proud you must be, for the last 2 weeks I am definatly back on track and determined to lose the 3 stone I put on, having said that I’m not going to weigh myself because I find losing so difficult and would get disheartened , if I can get back down to 14 stone il be happy, still heavy I know but better than 25 stone I was before, you are an inspiration to all
    Midge xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Aw, thanks Midge. Having wls is the 4th best thing that’s ever happened to me after marrying the love of my life (it’s our 30th wedding anniversay in October) and having my two children. I have a life – a better one. Looking better is a bonus but my word, feeling better is the ultimate prize for the hard work.
    14st is SO much better for you than 25 and that’s what we should all remember. I agree with not weighing yourself too often. Women can fluctuate 5lbs during the course of a month! I weigh myself every month just like ‘normal’ people do as part of a regular health watch (I had a lump removed from under my arm last month, so thank goodness I’m rigorous with that particular check!) You have done amazingly well and should feel very proud of the fact that you haven’t given up trying – isn’t that all we can do? Good on you xx

Doodah x

midge

Thank you sweetie
    Midge xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media