Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Virus

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Vineuk

Hi all. I had my surgery Last July and have managed to lose 10 stone 12 so far. I must say it’s been hard work but I consider myself as having it fairly easy until now. I was wondering if any one has had a virus or bug since there opp. I’ve been down with what I consider a virus since Friday night and am having a bit of a rough time when ever I try and eat. Given my pouch a rest from food apart from the odd bit of dry toast but still having problems. And I’m really belching badly and for long periods of time for no reason.

So was wondering if any one else found there body reacted to viruses and bugs differently now after surgery.

Mick

Anonymous

Hi Mick, What surgery did you have? Band, bypass or other?
    I know we becomme a tad more fragile and subseptable to a few of the nasty viruses and infections which is WHY its so important not to forget your Multi vitamins….. They are so important in helping to keep you healthy and so often forgotten or neglected.

Personnally I would go back to slider foods for a day or two just to get something in, dont try to agrivate it with dry foods or foods that might congeal up causing beltching or frothing….

If your worried, get to the doctors or your surgical team for an investigation…. its important…

GOod luck and happy to see you posting

Andy ( Buzz in Bognor Regis )

Vineuk

Thanks Buzz thanks for the reply, I had bypass m8. Had a far better night so lets hope I’m on the mend. And as for the forgotten or neglected comment “Hand raised high” I do quite often forget to take mine even thought there right in front of me. Yes I need a kick lol

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I had my bypass on the 23rd of March this year and 3 weeks ago I managed to pick up a virus and couldn’t keep anything in me fluid/food and I was really ill, ended up at A/E on a drip for fluid and really bad pains in my tummy, seems that because I was not keeping anything in me I had a build up of stomach acid even though I had been taking my anti acid tablets, doctors advice was to keep eating to keep acid under control and just let the virus work it way through me. Where as before my bypass I would have been back to normal after a couple of days, this took a good 10 days to go and about another 10 days to get my strength back, I lost 14lbs in those two weeks and put 2 lbs back on as I think the body reacted to loosing all that weight so quickly, seems to have settled down again now.
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    Elaine xx

Anonymous

Thanks Ganny,

So be it hospital or regular viruses we are more subseptable.
    Thankfully Mick is feeling better and hopefully on the rebound……
    Ganny is making a recovery and things are looking a bit better…..

Multi Vits are important……. as is water ( natures cure ) and not wanting to sound like some sort of health freak (I AM SO NOT A HEALTH FREAK ) we are what we eat……..

Buzz puts down the jammie dodger he does not need and heads of for the coffee machine for a cold filtered water ha ha ha… or coffee…

Take it easy guys, glad things are improving.
    Sharinig is important.

Mick…..no kick needed, we all do it? 😉 Thankfully I feel tired and low when I miss a few days….. explains a lot of how I feel most times as my diet is still not the healthiest by any means but I am maintaining thankfully..

Have a good weekend

Buzz x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Mick

Have to admit that for the first year I was ill all the time with colds and flu. Then I caught Swine Flu!! Since that I’ve only had the usual niggles really. Buzz is right that you have to take your vits/mins like your life depends on it (it kind of does!) and drink loads of water. Exercise is important to to keep everything ticking over nicely whilst it all heals.

I’m 3 years post op and apart from ‘Laydees things’, I’m so much healthier.

Doodah x

Fenella

Well I never thought before that I was ‘lucky’ to be on so many drugs but one good thing is I lie them all out in the morning on a shelf in the kitchen in the order I should take them (some things mess each other up like the stomach liners or the iron with the thyroxine) and the vitamin has just become part of the line so I never forget! Every cloud as they say! I’ve been pretty well except for two day long bad headaches and one stomach upset today (more than the odd ‘whoops that’s coming back up’ moment I mean!).

Doodah
    Keymaster

I do the same with my line up of meds Fenella, only mine are at night. Plus my puffers of course!

Fenella

Sadly mine are morning noon and night! It was one of the hardest things the first fortnight having to crush them and take in yogurt yuk and double yuk! Was so glad when I could take them whole again but have to take 1 at a time now or they make me feel sick. It works though.

Fenella
    Doodah wrote:
    I do the same with my line up of meds Fenella, only mine are at night. Plus my puffers of course!

My husband has the puffers night and morning what a pair!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Fenella 17678 wrote:

My husband has the puffers night and morning what a pair!

You should have shares in drug companies lol!!

Fenella

Should too. Sadly haven’t though! X

miss missy

hi everybody.just wondered if anybody gets lightheadedness.and its not cos i dont eat enough.it only lasts for a millisecond but i dont like it.also have been out to eat 3 times since my op.twice i had lasagne and once bolognese.had quite bad lightheadedness every time but only after i got up.was ok sitting down.weird.anybody any idea why?xxxx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media