Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Very Low calorie Diets (VCLD) under scrutiny again.

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Very Low calorie Diets (VCLD) under scrutiny again.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Jackie Cox certainly isn’t following her own advice is she?

Paul-H
    Participant

Very sad news for all the families left behind. I have always said that every one of the paid for diets is there for one reason only, and that is simply to make the inventor/organiser of the diet Rich, and they all rely one the fact that 95% of diets fail, all we do is spend a fortune losing and then gaining with one slimming club/product, so we then do the same with the next and the next and so on and on and on we go, until we go full circle and start again with the first one, because by then we only rembered that we lost on that one so it must work this time, am I right.

Mind you I do wonder what my daily calorie intake is now after wls, I don’t count calories anymore as I don’t need to but I do wonder just how low my daily intake is, not going to start checking though, I am not falling for that one again either.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

I agree with absolutely everything you say Paul. I too don’t count calories, instead I make sure that 99.9% of my choices are healthy and give me the nutrients I need to be healthy long-term.

One surprising thing that has come about for me personally is that after a lifetime of being so anaemic that I have needed blood transfusions at times, my blood count now is absolutely brilliant. What makes this SO surprising is that since my bypass I have become vegetarian!! Pick the bones out of that one (scuse the pun haha.) I’m four years post op and nutritionally, I have never been healthier. I take my supplements and a bit of extra calcium (being a woman of a ‘certain age’) and all my bloods are ok, including cholesterol. I LOVE my bypass.

Doodah x

hazelann70
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Jury’s still out for me…..

flabulous

@Doodah 25058 wrote:

Jury’s still out for me…..

Thanks for sharing Doodah. From personally having tried this programme some time ago I’m not surprised by this article as I felt so unwell on it I had no choice but to abandon it xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I think we all have at some point?!

Diet ‘industry’ – the clue is in the title isn’t it? It’s a means to make money. If it worked they would have been out of business in one generation. When I tried it, my kidneys started playing up and my hair fell out! And I was still Morbidly obese.

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media