Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Very interesting article from the Daily Mail.

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Very interesting article from the Daily Mail.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sally Bailey
    Participant
    Doodah
    Keymaster

I like the fact that the bypass case study pointed out that it is possible to stretch the pouch if you start to over eat again. A very salient warning that we have to continue to work hard at keeping our weight off. Nothing in life worth having is easy peasy lemon squeezy!!

Doodah x

katy

It is interesting. I was getting a bit worried as for the last few days I have had no problems with any food and was ( probably irrationally) thinking that maybe I had stretched my pouch however I attempted dinner last night and immediately started frothing and being sick!
    I was of course uncomfortable but in a way i was pleased as I know everything is working as it should be …..oh I and won’t attempt any meat again for a while!! Haha
    Katy

Doodah
    Keymaster

My bypass still reminds me who’s boss from time to time! Usually if I eat too fast. Thank goodness it does I say!

Doodah x

katy

Absolutely!

hazelann70

I have been back on the pre-op soup, yogurt and milk eating plan (I hate the D word) for 12 days now and have managed to get 8lbs off of what I re-gained. The strange thing is, as I’m now beginning to introduce the odd thing again, it seems to have re-set my system. Not sure if this is a normal thing to happen or what! I had 2 bags of Kellogs special K mini bites last night (needed the crunch factor and hadn’t had all my soups in the day) and this morning, I’m on the loo! I always found that if I ate anything that was going to go through me in the evening, it would always wait till the morning to exit my system. Saves getting up in the night I guess. Anyway, I’m now at that stage of not wanting to test foods out again which for me is rather fab! Can it be this easy to re-set ourselves to post op status? I’ve loved the plan I must say and although I’ve deviated by having extra fruit in one of my yogurts – I make my own and have one nice bowl a day with a handfull of berries or a banana, it’s been so easy to do. I just don’t want to shout too loudly in case the special k thing is just a blip (in the right way)

Doodah
    Keymaster

All our dietitians recommend going on the pre op eating plan to re-set everything from time to time. It’s a bit like re-booting a computer to get rid of the blips and make it work more efficiently again. Looks like you are proving them right ;-))

Doodah x

ps EIGHT pounds!! Brillaint xx

hazelann70

It’s been an unexpected delight of doing the plan again.. At least I now know that when things get out of hand again, all I have to do is eat soup and yogurt for a couple of weeks. It’s nice to know there is a re-set button though. Mind you, one still has to be in the right head place to do it even if it is easy to do. My daughter is now doing the same thing and she’s loving it too. She just wanted to detox and lose a bit as she got into eating as much crap as me. She’s now loving herself again!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Brilliant isn’t it? I loved the simplicity of the milk diet. I get lost with too much choice. It’s why I have ended up with 3 lipsticks all the same colour!! I keep bloody buying the same one for goodness sake haha!

Good on your daughter. Love that she’s loving herslef xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media