Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

V V Nervous

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ems123

Hi all, am due to go in for my gastric band on Tuesday, I am so v nervous, I can’t sleep, I just keep thinking I am going to not come back from surgery or something, maybe its the milk diet getting me down, am finding it really hard and I just want it to all be over and done with!

Any advice on coping with the nerves??

thanks x:scared:

natalieyoung

Hi there. I too nearly crapped myself to put it polite before my op. when I went for mine I ended up having a 3 hour delay. So I had to sit there and to be honest I kept looking at the door but believe me hun it is nothing. It will be over in about an hour. You will wake up groggy but that’s it. The first couple of days are uncomfortable but other then that you will fly it. I had my band fitted in November last year.

ems123

@natalieyoung 28503 wrote:

Hi there. I too nearly crapped myself to put it polite before my op. when I went for mine I ended up having a 3 hour delay. So I had to sit there and to be honest I kept looking at the door but believe me hun it is nothing. It will be over in about an hour. You will wake up groggy but that’s it. The first couple of days are uncomfortable but other then that you will fly it. I had my band fitted in November last year.

Thank you, its so nice to hear that you are happy with yours x

Your be fine , just think that your be having a little sleep and when you wake up you’ll have a whole new life to look forward to xx

Whitey

Hi ems it’s normal to be nervous. I was very nervous in the run up to my bypass nearly a year ago but on the day I felt really calm and determined which is not like me. I get really nervous just going to the GP! I had to wait until 4pm to go down to the theatre to have my op but the worst thing was not being able to have a cup of tea. I remember waking up in bed after the op thinking this is amazing it hardly hurts at all. You will be fine look forward to your new life x

ems123

Selena, see you there honey!!!

x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@ems123 28502 wrote:

Hi all, am due to go in for my gastric band on Tuesday, I am so v nervous, I can’t sleep, I just keep thinking I am going to not come back from surgery or something, maybe its the milk diet getting me down, am finding it really hard and I just want it to all be over and done with!

Any advice on coping with the nerves??

thanks x:scared:

Hi Ems

Tomorrow is the big day Woo Hoo!

Listen, if you were not nervous, you wouldn’t be taking it seriously enough. Absolutely EVERYONE is and if they say they are not then they are either lying, trying to ‘save face’ or haven’t thought it through properly.

I dealt with my nerves (huge terrible pun alert….) by taking a pack of cards and playing patience. I got so caught up in it that the two hours I had to wait went really quickly! Plus I had my daughter and husband with me so we played a few games of Jacks and Twos and Gin Rummy!

Anyway, that’s how I cope with stress and boredom – which to me are one and the same thing almost lol! can’t wait to hear all about it.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Good luck tomorrow it will be offer before you know it!

Good luck ems for 2morrow 🙂

ems123

thanks everyone, will update when i can xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

All the very best for today. We are all budging up on the losers to make a space for you xx

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media