Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Two years since op. I’ve been running.

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Bypass Patient Stories and Photos » Two years since op. I’ve been running.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Its been two years now since my bypass – you may have seen me on the telly or read the book.

So i’ve decided to pick up the pace. And I’ve started running. Amazing when you think that two years ago it took me about half an hour to walk into the hospital from the car park for the op!

If you are interested here is a short video from the run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Zwo3cyE5k

Jaysee

Fantastic Neil, good on you! Id love to run one day but even with a massive weight loss Im not sure my poor knees could take the shock, Ill certainly be trying once Ive lost the weight though! x

JennyLeanne

Wow, fantastic Neil!! Just left a comment on there, bet you never thought you would be doing that 2 years ago, well done! Look forward to seeing you in a month’s time! Keep up the good work! 🙂

Ms Ellie

Excellent news Neil….. Fantastic well done you xxxx

Irene

Well done Neil. Just read your book. You must be feeling very very good about how things have gone for you. Trully inspirational.
    Keep up the good work

Well done Neil
    I would love to run
    i walk up to 8 miles every day now
    but am not able to run due to 4stones of loose excess skin flapping about!!!
    ONE DAY THOUGH!!!

sonia kidman

That is great news Neil.

I am two weeks after my bypass I have started walking but do you have any advice as to when I could start swimming and going to the gym.
    Once again welldone.
    Sonia

Ms Ellie

Are you still running Neil???? How’s it going?????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media