Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

two years on

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ruby tuesday

Hi, I rarely check in now, as someone on here commented, we get to the point of wanting to forget about the surgery and get out and enjoy life, but I thought I would make a few comments about my life now. My bypass was August 2011, I have lost the amount I wanted to, and am happily thin again, but have some health issues post-op. I was vomiting and in pain last December, and ended up in hospital, where I found I had a peptic ulcer, despite a vary sensible diet, probably caused by medication for acute tooth pain.

I am still on the ulcer healing meds, plus acid-suppressents, but still have some problems, the latest one I wondered if anyone else has; a very cold oesophagus after cold drinks/ice lollies, which remains cold for long periods. I have just been told I have to have a barium x ray, to investigate, and am a bit concerned, especially since this has meant cancelling a private tummy tuck I had arranged.

I have all the restriction I hoped for, with strong sugar reactions, so cannot eat badly, although now have two biscuits with tea, rather too many times daily!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Ruby and welcome back!

Firstly I’m so glad you have now achieved a weight you are happy with. You look fabulous. Secondly, I’m sorry to hear you are having some ongoing problems health wise. I too had to have privately funded surgery cancelled in February for health reasons so I truly understand how frustrating it is.

I haven’t experienced the same as you with cold drinks for one reason – I don’t drink anything really cold due to tooth sensitivity. I’m sure if anyone else has, they will be on here to discuss it with you.

You are right about people not checking in after a while: they are too busy leading their new lives and that’s just how it should be. However, it’s nice to know there is somewhere to go when you need advice or help form others who have been down the same road.

Hope you get some answers.

Doodah x

ruby tuesday

Hurrah, just had barium x ray which was not as worrying as I thought, and no problems showing, although I do still have some pain when eating, so am re-booking op. and looking forward very much to a flat tummy which I have never ever had!

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s fantastic news Ruby! I’m so happy for you on both counts.

Even though my tummy surgery was a bit harrowing due to all the complications, I absolutely love it. You will look lovelier than ever 😉

Doodah x

Almost there

@Doodah 28379 wrote:

That’s fantastic news Ruby! I’m so happy for you on both counts.

Even though my tummy surgery was a bit harrowing due to all the complications, I absolutely love it. You will look lovelier than ever 😉

Doodah x

I must admit ,even though I too suffered complications for 5 months post surgery
    I adore my fluer de lys tummy tuck
    Best luck to you RUBY moving forward!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Not having to tuck my tummy into my pants like a vest is just fab! plus no nasty infections. Priceless. – even though it actually cost me a ruddy fortune haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media