Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Two months

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    clairec

@treeza 30698 wrote:

Oh wow Kim what an amazing & inspirational read x you are fab. To top it off you are so kind & caring of others. 38 pounds how brilliant is that x I feel all warm & fuzzy inside :0)) yay! I’m not at the under 40 BMI yet but so relieved to be under 50 now! Hope to see you real soon x big hugs xxx

Hi Audra and Kim,
    Thanks so much for posting such positive messages. I have been following both of your progresses since before Christmas while I was struggling with the decision I have made. I know that this is the right decision for me but doing things for the last time ever (or maybe for at least a few months) has been a real bereavement for me and when I was reading your posts in the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep I was willing you both on and sending you positive thoughts. To know that you are both doing so well and are so happy post surgery is just wonderful news and such an inspiration for those of us about to go through it all. Thanks so much and well done!!!

My bypass is on the 11th Feb (so just under 2 weeks) at the Clem in Harrow. The date moved last night from the 10th, I know it is only one day and it could be so much worse but I was a little disappointed, still not long now. The pre op diet is absolutely fine really, but then I am not doing the milk diet. It is not far removed from the Slimming World diet I have doing for almost 4 years just much less fruit than I have been used to. I am not hungry at all though, and I would recommend this option if you are offered it.

I have not totally ruled out coming to the Harrow group on the 13th but as I will only be discharged from there that day, or maybe the day before if i am lucky, that is probably too ambitious. I really want to meet you all though. I will definitely be aiming for the 20th in Portsmouth though, even if the Harrow group is not a good idea.

Thanks to you all, particularly Doodah and Treeza for all your supportive comments which I have been reading such a lot too.

Claire

Kimberly
    Participant

Claire wow not long and then we all shuffle along on the losers bench , . I’m using lots of the slimming world recipes when I cook now . I’m more mindful of the fat and sugar levels and of course it such tiny portions compared to what I use to eat .
    I have found this forum and also the support group so helpful and have made some wonderful friends . My hubby found going to the group helpful and he just as much as a label reader . It’s changed what he eating he shocked at the sugar in foods. Just be kind to your self after surgery remember you had major surgery and your body needs to heal, but if you can make Portsmouth it would be loverly to meet you .

Kimberly
    Participant

Claire don’t forget the pillow to put over your tummy post op in the car , stops the seat belt rubbing it. You got every thing ready for the 11 th ?

clairec

@Kimberly 30704 wrote:

Claire wow not long and then we all shuffle along on the losers bench , . I’m using lots of the slimming world recipes when I cook now . I’m more mindful of the fat and sugar levels and of course it such tiny portions compared to what I use to eat .
    I have found this forum and also the support group so helpful and have made some wonderful friends . My hubby found going to the group helpful and he just as much as a label reader . It’s changed what he eating he shocked at the sugar in foods. Just be kind to your self after surgery remember you had major surgery and your body needs to heal, but if you can make Portsmouth it would be loverly to meet you .

Hi Kim,
    Yes my husband is very used to cooking Slimming World meals and has been cooking for this pre op diet and he will need to drive me to Portsmouth that first time because I won’t be allowed to drive again by then. The pillow tip is a good one, thanks.
    Looking forward to meeting you too and thanks again

treeza

Claire I will PM you my mobile number so you call text me when your close & I will meet you outside the hotel x looking forward to meeting you x not long now x

audrasharon

Hi Claire, thanks for such a lovely message! Just keep remembering it may be scary that side of surgery but once it’s over EVERYtHING CHANGES, the surgery part really isn’t as bad as you may think ( I was very surprised) positive attitude, listen and follow the rules and give yourself a break in the early days to allow yourself to heal. I’ve been really lucky I’m taking each eating stage slowly and haven’t had a problem. Since I first saw surgeon I’ve lost 0ver 4 st and 3 stone of that has been post surgery in the last 6 weeks. Can’t wait to meet you post surgery at the meeting! We’ll all be thinking of you and sending you back some of those positive vibes! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

I am SO looking forward to the meeting in Portsmouth on 20th! I changed a dental appointment (crown fitted) as I didn’t want to be dribbling and talking funny – ok, I can here you all saying ‘NO CHANGE THERE THEN DOODAH!’ hahaha!

I love how our little group is growing. We are so lucky to meet so many fabulously honest and open people aren’t we?

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media