Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Two months

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

Well today it’s two month since my bypass . I really want to thank all you wonderful people who supported me before and after . It’s really amazing that I’m at this stage . Now you will all want to know about the numbers,
    First my health had dramatically improved . Friends , and family notice that my skin looks better . Some have even said I look younger . Especially when they said that at my age woman can look older when they lose weight ( they are really close friends lol) .
    I can get off the sofa and chair and have no pain in my knees, I can walk up the stairs not being out of breath , or in pain . No resting half way up the stairs . I can clean my house, Hoover , sweep floors wash windows, without having to stop and rest as I was out of breath .
    I can walk a mile getting hot and sweaty but don’t have to stop
    . My asthma has dramatically improved I can go out side in the cold and wind without having to mask up with a scarf. I can go shopping on my own without my hubby having to drop me near the entrance as the wind would trigger an asthma attack. I have joined a gym and walk on a treadmill , and used a cross trainer
    . I sleep better and I think my sleep apnoea has disappeared hubby says I don’t snore !
    My blood pressure had gone down ,and my recent echo showed that my heart valve disease is slightly better , this is all due to WLS
    . My husband said that this surgery has given me my sparkle back and I would agree I’m going out more , Iv even been to the pub twice in an evening ( before had been out for 18 month)
    . I couldn’t work last year I was too poorly cold and wind trigger asthma attacks , I’m going back to work next month for a few days a week .
    I choose WLS despite the risks ,and I was was told I was a high anaesthetic risk and would be in ITU . I went into this with eyes wide open , I knew I could have a heart attack or stroke or die , but I choose quality of life not quantity of life . As you can see forgive the pun the proof in the pudding . In two month my life has dramatically improved , I feel alive .
    Is WLS worth it YES are their side effect yes I have to chew my food for ages , I m a cheep date only drink tea ( love it even more now ) water and milky coffee. I can only eat tiny portion of a meal compared to what others are having . I have to watch what I eat and read all labels on food . I can’t have chocolate ,sweets, crisp, high sugar and high fat process food or take away food. I can have healthy food and I mindful that I’m eating the right food . And my shopping bill has gone down .
    The number well Iv lost in two month 38 pound . I’m fitting into clothes that Iv never worn before . If I never lose another pound I will say that this has been a success , I have a life .

emma1975

That’s an amazing improvement & fantastic weight loss in such a short time. Well done!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30668 wrote:

Well today it’s two month since my bypass . I really want to thank all you wonderful people who supported me before and after . It’s really amazing that I’m at this stage . Now you will all want to know about the numbers,
    First my health had dramatically improved . Friends , and family notice that my skin looks better . Some have even said I look younger . Especially when they said that at my age woman can look older when they lose weight ( they are really close friends lol) .
    I can get off the sofa and chair and have no pain in my knees, I can walk up the stairs not being out of breath , or in pain . No resting half way up the stairs . I can clean my house, Hoover , sweep floors wash windows, without having to stop and rest as I was out of breath .
    I can walk a mile getting hot and sweaty but don’t have to stop
    . My asthma has dramatically improved I can go out side in the cold and wind without having to mask up with a scarf. I can go shopping on my own without my hubby having to drop me near the entrance as the wind would trigger an asthma attack. I have joined a gym and walk on a treadmill , and used a cross trainer
    . I sleep better and I think my sleep apnoea has disappeared hubby says I don’t snore !
    My blood pressure had gone down ,and my recent echo showed that my heart valve disease is slightly better , this is all due to WLS
    . My husband said that this surgery has given me my sparkle back and I would agree I’m going out more , Iv even been to the pub twice in an evening ( before had been out for 18 month)
    . I couldn’t work last year I was too poorly cold and wind trigger asthma attacks , I’m going back to work next month for a few days a week .
    I choose WLS despite the risks ,and I was was told I was a high anaesthetic risk and would be in ITU . I went into this with eyes wide open , I knew I could have a heart attack or stroke or die , but I choose quality of life not quantity of life . As you can see forgive the pun the proof in the pudding . In two month my life has dramatically improved , I feel alive .
    Is WLS worth it YES are their side effect yes I have to chew my food for ages , I m a cheep date only drink tea ( love it even more now ) water and milky coffee. I can only eat tiny portion of a meal compared to what others are having . I have to watch what I eat and read all labels on food . I can’t have chocolate ,sweets, crisp, high sugar and high fat process food or take away food. I can have healthy food and I mindful that I’m eating the right food . And my shopping bill has gone down .
    The number well Iv lost in two month 38 pound . I’m fitting into clothes that Iv never worn before . If I never lose another pound I will say that this has been a success , I have a life .

I cannot tell you just how happy this post makes me Kim. I have been with you right from the start and my goodness, yours has been a difficult journey! It has been a privilege to watch you blossom. You are now helping others and are an inspiration to anyone who thinks they have no future. You took a calculated and highly emotional risk – and have won the jackpot. I simply could not be happier for you. You are a valued member of the South Coast Support Group and are living proof that with a strong will and determination, ANYTHING is possible. Like you say, life is all about quality not quantity.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. I am now all rosy-glow with happiness for you. or is that another hot flush haha?!

Doodah x

audrasharon

Well deserved life at that! So pleased for you Kim and there’s so much more to come. X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Great point Sharon. Much more life to enjoy. Priceless.

Whitey

So pleased for you Kimberley it shows what a wonderful gift WLS is. Well done and you have more good things to look forward to x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you so much I couldn’t have done it with out you all

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Whitey 30681 wrote:

So pleased for you Kimberley it shows what a wonderful gift WLS is. Well done and you have more good things to look forward to x

Best gift ever after kids in my humble opinion.

Kimberly
    Participant

Sorry so excited just done my BMI was 50 last year was in the morbidly obese range , it’s now 39.9 just gone into the obese.

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    Sorry so excited just done my BMI was 50 last year was in the morbidly obese range , it’s now 39.9 just gone into the obese.

Back at you Kim, I just made 39.2. How amazing are we! X

treeza

Oh wow Kim what an amazing & inspirational read x you are fab. To top it off you are so kind & caring of others. 38 pounds how brilliant is that x I feel all warm & fuzzy inside :0)) yay! I’m not at the under 40 BMI yet but so relieved to be under 50 now! Hope to see you real soon x big hugs xxx

treeza

Audra I’m so happy for you too! Somehow that BMI reading means more than the weigh loss. Keep up the great work x I hope your eating is going well x I hope to meet you soon x

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    Audra I’m so happy for you too! Somehow that BMI reading means more than the weigh loss. Keep up the great work x I hope your eating is going well x I hope to meet you soon x

Thank you Treeza, I’m really looking forward to meeting you Hopefully at the next meeting 🙂 x

treeza

I will be at the one in Feb with my hubby! :0)x

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    I will be at the one in Feb with my hubby! :0)x

Great it’s a date! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media