Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Toning systems

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Health & Exercise » Toning systems

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thais

Hi all,
    I am 10 weeks post-op and I am already showing some loose skin, I’ve been thinking and thinking of possible ways of dealing with it, I’ve doing a lot of exercise and everything but the idea of the loose skin still bugging me :rofl:, so the Rio slim gym got my attention,wondering if it will be effective to fight a bit the stretching, has any one tried?? this or the other models of electric toning systems like slendertone or bodi-tek?? I would like to know your views on it.

Thanks
    Thais.

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi,

Save your money, nothing really works with loose skin. Loose skin is the result of skin being streached beyond its natural elastic point. I also suspect the electrical toners are just the equivalent of snake oil and are designed to catch the unwary, rust read the small print, it probably says something like it will only work when used in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and excesize, and guess what is actually doing all the work.

Paul

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I am year + post op and 10 stone+ lighter so I have a lot of loose skin but I was warned this would happen when I went for the pre assessment but I would rather have the loose skin and my health than be seriously morbidly obese and have the risk of dieing at an early age. I exercise and I am toning up but nothing will ever get rid of the loose skin but I am investing in some good support under garments that will help.
    As for the electrical toners I wouldn’t waste your money plus you have not long ago had major surgery and you don’t know if or what damage they may cause.
    Elaine xx

Ms Ellie

Totally agree with Paul and ganny on this!!

Thais

Thank you for your advice on this, I think I’m going to let it go and keep up the exercise…

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Thais

Unfortunately I also agree with Ganny, Ellie and Paul. I have about a stone of loose skin but have gained about 20 years more life, God willing! A very fair trade off indeed in my humble opinion 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media