Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Tired!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katy

Hello
    Just a question really. I am coming up for 6 months post bypass and am doing great. I have lost nearly 8 stone and my Bmi is now 26 so I am absolutely delighted with my weight loss. For the first time in my life I feel ‘normal’ and not just the fat girl in the group. I saw the dietician a couple of weeks ago and she is happy with my diet and the only real hiccup has been persistent nausea and a need for anti emetics for the last few months so Mr Pring is going to do an OGD in a ccouple of weeks to make sure everything is ok in my tiny tummy.
    My question is does anyone else feel totally knackered all the time? Seriously I could sleep for England and still need more. My bloods were all normal a few weeks ago and my diet is balanced. I drink lots of fluids (admittedly too much coffee) but I drink tea, water, juice etc. I exercise regularly but still feel tired and it’s starting to get a bit annoying. Does anyone else have this problem? I thought I’d be full of beans at this stage but I’m quite the opposite! Any advice gratefully received
    Katy x

Hey Katy you have done amazing 8 stone . Wow . I’ve lost 5 stone 3 at my last weigh which I’m happy with. I’m not sure about the tiredness babe but a lot of people talk about low vita b12??? Just a thought. I was very tired early on but for me it had improved. I’m knackered tonight but that’s my stupid job!!!!;-) xxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Katy,
    I am now 17 months post bypass and 11 stones lighter, but I am not sure about the tireness, you may be lacking in some sort of vitiam, are you eating enough protein. My only advise I can give you is either go to your GP and explain to them about your tireness or give where ever you had your op a call.
    Elaine xx

emac

I am nearly 4 months post bypass and totally sympathise as I am constantly tired too. The fact that I am replying to this at 5:59 a.m. shows that I am having difficulty sleeping. I am eating enough protein, I think! I am seeing my nurse in 3 weeks and that will be the main thing I will be asking her about. Maybe I need to reset my sleep clock to ensure I get a good 8 hrs sleep. I have had my first B12 injection but felt no different.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Katy

I sometimes wonder if we get utterly mentally exhausted after wls as we have stepped back into the ‘real’ world again and our brain cells are all woken up with the excitement of our brilliant new lives? I’m almost certain that is what happened to me. I sort of emerged form a fugue state of sheer existence and started hoping, dreaming, expecting again. It was knackering!!

Anyway, I’m probably insane and jet lagged (just back from holiday) but I just think it’s worth mentioning. Gert your B12 checked and have a word with your GP and team just to be on the safe side though.

Your weight loss is enough to boggle any mind into exhaustion!!

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media