Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Time flies

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Bypass Operation ยป Time flies

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    treeza

One year ago tomorrow I started on a journey that has saved my life & given me so much to look forward to. On the 3rd July 2013 I started the milk diet prior to my surgery on 18th July. Up until today I’ve lost 11 stone & 9lbs! I’m hoping to be able to lose another 5lbs before my one year opperversary but it won’t be the end of the world if I don’t because I’ve come so far! I’ve gone from size 30 tops & 32/34 bottoms to 16/18 top & 20 bottoms! My BMI has gone from 59 to 36. How could I not be over the moon with that.
    I’m sorry I haven’t been on the forum much recently because without everyone on here at the beginning I won’t have coped! I promise to be more supportive in the future (I did also somehow log out & couldn’t remember my log on thankfully found it today:0)).
    If your think of having WLS all I can say is go for it you won’t regret it. If your at the start of your journey stay strong, be kind to yourself & listen to your body it usually tells you what it needs x
    Thank you to everyone x

Doodah
    Keymaster

It has been a pleasure to see you blossom Treeza. As for not being on the forum much – that is exactly how it is supposed to be! You should now be too busy off enjoying life. Everyone pops in and out and likes to share their own personal milestones and that is brilliant. That alone is inspiring and supportive. For anyone considering wls, reading all about your new adventures may be the push they need to give it a go and not worry about how it will affect them.

I’m always here so if anyone needs help, support, info or just a chat – I’m your man so to speak haha!

Thank you for sharing your great news. Now go of and make some more and don’t worry about us – we are all so incredibly happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Whitey

Well done Treeza you have done so well. It’s always great to hear everyones weight loss journey and how surgery can transform lives. I echo what Treeza says about surgery. I think most of us agree that we wish we had done it earlier.
    All the best with your new life x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Yes, that is the number one thing that people say – their only regret was not having it done sooner.

Kimberly
    Participant

You are truly a wonderful lady and deserves all the good things that are happening to you recently , you are looking great xxx it’s been a blessing getting to know you xxxxxxxxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I think the best thing about getting to know others who have had wls is that you never have to explain or justify either yourself, or the choices you have made or are still making. We all understand already!

Doodah x

treeza

I LOVE the fact that I have so many new friends in my life now. You are all so wonderful & supportive. I’ve had a few moans over the past year & you’ve helped me pick myself up. I’m sure I will still need you over the next few years.

Two of my biggest fears are not reaching my goal or reaching it & not sustaining! However I’m not going to look that far. I’ve learnt to have mini goals. One pound, one stone at a time.

Thank you x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 32407 wrote:

I LOVE the fact that I have so many new friends in my life now. You are all so wonderful & supportive. I’ve had a few moans over the past year & you’ve helped me pick myself up. I’m sure I will still need you over the next few years.

Two of my biggest fears are not reaching my goal or reaching it & not sustaining! However I’m not going to look that far. I’ve learnt to have mini goals. One pound, one stone at a time.

Thank you x

If your goal is being healthier and happier – you have already achieved it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

treeza

Your right Sue they were & are the main goals :0)

Doodah
    Keymaster

Then you have achieved what you set out to do and everything else is a bonus ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media