Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

This time next week and it will all be over!!!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » This time next week and it will all be over!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34090 wrote:

Hi there, hope you all doing well you seem to be having great support from streamline, Can any advise me on: gastric band revision to bypass, I saw Mr C Pring and he has put me through to tier 4 , what does that mean? and I have a huge questionnaire to fill in, any advise please.
    xx

Hi Penny

Hope you are well. My surgery was so long ago that things have changed a great deal since then (2008.) However, I’m sure the lovely people on here will be able to fill you in on the details.

You are lucky to have Chris Pring doing your surgery. He’s an excellent surgeon and a really nice man.

Keep your eyes peeled here for suggestions and help from the lovely people on this forum.

Doodah x

Lelly

@penny 34090 wrote:

Hi there, hope you all doing well you seem to be having great support from streamline, Can any advise me on: gastric band revision to bypass, I saw Mr C Pring and he has put me through to tier 4 , what does that mean? and I have a huge questionnaire to fill in, any advise please.
    xx

Hello Penny, I am not having revision surgery but I do remember the questionnaire that I filled in last year it is rather long, just be honest when filling it in Good luck, you are in for a wait my dear but it is so worth it.

Lelly x

treeza

Wishing you the the very best x this week will go by so quickly. Keep yourself busy. You new life will be starting real soon.. Blimey 6 stone how amazing is that. With that kind of dedication you’re going to do great.
    I’ve made some life time friends on here, support group & fb. I will never forget the most amazing people who have made me laugh & cry with joy mostly. Hold tight to them they are the ones who will see you through your ups & downs.
    We are all here for you all x all the very best xxxx

Lelly

@treeza 34098 wrote:

Wishing you the the very best x this week will go by so quickly. Keep yourself busy. You new life will be starting real soon.. Blimey 6 stone how amazing is that. With that kind of dedication you’re going to do great.
    I’ve made some life time friends on here, support group & fb. I will never forget the most amazing people who have made me laugh & cry with joy mostly. Hold tight to them they are the ones who will see you through your ups & downs.
    We are all here for you all x all the very best xxxx

Thank you Treeza, had a major blip last night, I was on my own and went out to the kitchen, buttered a slice of bread and went back and ate it. I then realised about 15 minutes later what I had done, so close to my op and I go and do that, I just completely forgot that I was on the milk diet, what a muppet, so annoyed and worried now

A scared Lelly x

bikerchris
    Participant

Try not to worry, I don’t know what the consequences of deviating from the milk diet are but I’m sure others on here may have experience. Or someone from your team will know know. Onwards and upwards my dear

Chris xx

Lelly

@bikerchris 34101 wrote:

Try not to worry, I don’t know what the consequences of deviating from the milk diet are but I’m sure others on here may have experience. Or someone from your team will know know. Onwards and upwards my dear

Chris xx

Thanks pet xx

treeza

Oh Hun I’m sure you’ll be fine. Our brains switch off sometimes. If you get right back on it I’m sure there will be no harm done x you can do it x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34100 wrote:

Thank you Treeza, had a major blip last night, I was on my own and went out to the kitchen, buttered a slice of bread and went back and ate it. I then realised about 15 minutes later what I had done, so close to my op and I go and do that, I just completely forgot that I was on the milk diet, what a muppet, so annoyed and worried now

A scared Lelly x

You are not the first to have a blip and I doubt you will be the last! Onwards and upwards (or downwards in your case!) and learn not to beat yourself up over any other ‘blips’. They happen. We are human. 🙂

Doodah x

penny

Thank you for you kind reply, I have started to fill in the questionnaire and I am being very honest although some of the question seem to be double negatives, at first I felt like it was an exam and was so worried I would do it wrong ,
    I am now doing the daily eating programme, and shall be ready to put this in the post in a couple of days. XX

penny

Thanks Lelly,
    I appreciate the your reply, I hope all went well for you, and look forward to getting more news from you. xx

loulou19

Sending you my very best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. When you are up to it let us know how you are.

Will be thinking of you xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Today’s the day! The first step of your journey to a new, happier and healthier life!

As soon as you feel like it, please let us know how you are. Very best of luck my lovely!

Doodah x

penny

Hi Lelly, hope you are feeling ok ,
    I thought I would let you know I have completed the questionaire and sent it of so hoping now for an appointment, not sure what will happen at this but I am at Tier 4, I have terrible trouble with my appetite, Chris Pring emptied my band, at my last appointment to stop the awful reflux and pain, which it has helped but I have a strange feeling in stomach and also it is allowing me to eat to much I do not like this feeling and it brings back terrble memories of my earlier days when I was at my biggest, I do not want to get there again, I really want the next stage of the process in the MDT, I feel I am ready to take this on and cope with the transition, sorry I am going on, I just cannot think of any thing else at the moment. Thanks for your advise. Penny XXX

Lelly

@penny 34114 wrote:

Thank you for you kind reply, I have started to fill in the questionnaire and I am being very honest although some of the question seem to be double negatives, at first I felt like it was an exam and was so worried I would do it wrong ,
    I am now doing the daily eating programme, and shall be ready to put this in the post in a couple of days. XX

I was worried that I would say the wrong thing etc. but it’s not to trip you up, just to give the professionals a glimpse into our life and food dependancies

Lelly

@penny 34159 wrote:

Hi Lelly, hope you are feeling ok ,
    I thought I would let you know I have completed the questionaire and sent it of so hoping now for an appointment, not sure what will happen at this but I am at Tier 4, I have terrible trouble with my appetite, Chris Pring emptied my band, at my last appointment to stop the awful reflux and pain, which it has helped but I have a strange feeling in stomach and also it is allowing me to eat to much I do not like this feeling and it brings back terrble memories of my earlier days when I was at my biggest, I do not want to get there again, I really want the next stage of the process in the MDT, I feel I am ready to take this on and cope with the transition, sorry I am going on, I just cannot think of any thing else at the moment. Thanks for your advise. Penny XXX

Don’t apologise, I was the worst for wishing my life away to get to the next stage, it is natural, we want to change our lives, to blend into the crowd and be “normal”, whatever that is. The truth is that we do have to wait and it does get us down and the “operation” becomes the centre of our world and we can think of nothing else. I have found that even being You have to come to terms with the fact that it will be months but so worth the wait. It was 4 1/2 months after sending my questionnaire in, to when I got my MDT and I know others who have waited longer. My advice is, for what it’s worth, to come on here and moan as our families do get fed up with the constant wittering that we do as although they support us, they do not understand the blinkered attitude that we have. When you have your MDT, try and exchange e-mail addresses and phone numbers with someone on your group, it really does help to have support from someone in the same situation. The Vickster on here was behind me all the way and I hope I was as helpful to her too.
    Take care

Lelly x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media